Thread: Texas Region SCCA Solo Announcements

Default Texas Region SCCA Solo Announcements

2011 Texas Region SCCA Solo Event Fees -
    As most of you might have noticed, attendance at 2010 events was down from previous years. On average, entry levels were close to 15% lower from the past several years of attendance. Texas Region’s Solo program isn’t alone in this situation. Lower attendance has been experienced by most autocross groups throughout DFW area & also across the nation. It’s just a reality of a down economy. To a degree, TX Region Solo had expected this situation & adjusted the 2010 forecasted budget. But a 15% attendance drop was never anticipated.

As a result of the lower attendance, TX Region Solo lost money in 2010. Event income went down but several of our event expenses continued to rise. While we don’t intend to profit from every event, we obviously can’t continue to lose money. Site rental & fees at Texas Motor Speedway were our biggest unexpected increase last year. For 2011 the Solo program has had to adjust in order to continue to grow & survive. The unfortunate result is we’ve had to raise entry fees.

2011 TX Region Solo Event Fee Structure:

SCCA Members
    $30 for Pennington Field, Lone StarPark, MineralWellsAirPark
    $35 for Texas Motor Speedway Bus Lot
    $40 for Texas Motor Speedway Road Course Autocross

Non SCCA Members
    $40 for Pennington Field, Lone StarPark, MineralWellsAirPark
    $45 for Texas Motor Speedway Bus Lot
    $50 for Texas Motor Speedway Road Course Autocross

The decision to increase event fees was not an easy one, but was painfully necessary. We understand that not all of our participants are SCCA members, nor do they all wish to make the financial “plunge” of paying for an SCCA Membership. This is the reason why the non-member entry fee didn’t increase proportionately to the member entry fee. We hope this will continue to encourage the non-member autocrosser to participate in our events.

New Texas Region Solo Registration Service for 2011-
    Some new & exciting news! Texas Region Solo has made what we hope is a big move in event administration efficiency. Over the past few years, many of you have experienced difficulty using our online event registration service. (Believe me, I’ve seen all your emails!) The service’s administrator has always been helpful & has made every effort to help with problems encountered. And he certainly upgraded the system as we requested changes to help with entrants difficulties. But we felt this year it was time for a change.

As many of you have noticed, SCCA’s National Office has recently moved to a new online registration service for all 2011 National Solo events called MotorsportsReg.com. Texas Region Solo has also decided to move to this new service for 2011. Our Event Registrar, Matt Lucas, has been setting up & testing the system for quite a while now. While I’m sure there might be an unexpected “bug” or two that we may find along the way of implementation, the system looks to be 100% ready to use!

Also, the new service is not limited to only PayPal payments like our previous system. Rather, you can use any of the major credit cards or do “online pay-by-check”. Over 320 other clubs thru out the nation are currently using this registration service.

Follow the link & start by getting in on the Texas Region Solo 2011 Annual Registration deal. You get 9 events for the price of 7 (A $60 savings!).Plus, you can reserve your car class/number for the year! With this one registration & payment, you’ll be setup for the entire season!!

Texas Region Event Registration Link:
    www.texasregionsolo.motorsportreg.com

Direct link to 2011 Texas Region Solo Annual Registration:
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/E33CEC53-FFAD-99FD-C7103D62C998B59B

2011 Solo Annual Tech Program -
    We covered this in a previous note but I want to make sure everyone knows this is coming up! Bob Neff, our Chief of Tech, is again offering the Solo Annual Tech program. Program details & times are on our webpage at:
    http://texasscca.org/Solo/SoloAnnualTech.aspx

Mark your calendars - Annual Tech inspection will be on Saturday, March 12th at LoneStarPark in Grand Prairie. Make sure you read thru the details on the webpage before you come out to the Tech inspection!!

Solo Test-N-Tune Saturday, March 12th -
    Texas Region Solo is also having a Test-N-Tune that same Saturday at Lone Star Park! There will be a short timed course and a separate “Test Slalom”. This will be an all day event from 9am to 4pm. While you don’t have to attend the event all day, you must work a shift on course either before or after you run your car. Tech inspection will be required. An added bonus is there will be a 4 pad car scale available, but only while a qualified operator is available for assistance in weighing cars. The car scale will only be available to entrants of the Test-N-Tune event!

This event is online registration only & limited to the first 60 entries! $30 for SCCA members. $40 for non SCCA members. Read carefully >> If there are 2 drivers for a car, that will count as 2 entries & both must enter the event.

This event is NOT included in the 2011 Annual Registration package!

Direct registration link:
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/FD2B2CAD-D7F1-A464-B21C45C5131A2E51

Look for more details soon on the Region’s Solo webpage.

Big Events in March 2011 -
    I hope all of you have noticed the Solo calendar on our webpage. The National Office in Topeka has asked Houston Region & Texas Region to rotate hosting the Texas National Tour. This is great news for our Division & means that Texas will have a National Tour for years to come! 2011 is Houston’s turn & they’ve got a great new venue, too! For more info, follow the registration link:
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/9E6CA66B-DB42-E0F8-0126414A0B376FDE

Just a short week after the National Tour, Texas Region will be hosting a ProSolo in Mineral Wells. Don’t let the name fool you. You don’t have to be a “Pro” to attend a ProSolo!! It’s just a different style of autocross event that incorporates a drag race type start with mirror autocross courses. You get an incredible amount of runs over 2 days & if you’re fast enough, you can actually win money & contingencies!! For more information, go to:
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/E5A6A1E8-E43E-E339-2276A0A4BEFD4A07

TexasRegionSoloSchool -
    We usually put our Solo school the day before our 1st event. This year due to recent scheduling conflicts, we’re moving the school out at least a month. We’re hoping to return to Pennington Field event site, but we won’t know the outcome of the HEB School Board vote on this issue until mid March.

(I think we might have some good news coming our way from the HEB school Board!)

New TX Region Solo Forum -
    If you haven’t done so already, check out the new forum system on the Region’s webpage. Solo announcements & lots of areas of information are covered in the new forum area. Plus, it’s a great way to keep in contact with your fellow Texas Region buddies:

Texas Region SCCA Forum: http://www.texasscca.org/Forums.aspx
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

We have a NTAXS autocross at Lone Star Park on March 12. Are we going to have a test-n-tune at the same time? Or do I have my dates wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    We have a NTAXS autocross at Lone Star Park on March 12. Are we going to have a test-n-tune at the same time? Or do I have my dates wrong?
    Correct you are!

Tx Region was originally scheduled for the weekend of March 5/6 at Lone Star Park. But, we got bumped because General Motors wanted to use LSP that weekend. GM is paying $30,000. So, Texas Region got a call saying "so-sorry-for-you"!

TX Region's Saturday Test-N-Tune/Annual Tech Inspection will be on the East "Valet" lot. The NTAXS event will be on the big "Main" lot to the west.

Jerrett & I figured we could all play the same day.
    Last edited by autoxmax; 02-07-2011 at 05:54 PM.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Well Poop my newbie co-driver was getting ready to sign up for the solo school.... Drat.

Brad's getting ready to go to Vegas for the convention, so I'll pipe in here. When I was ARE it was in San Antonio.... what gives?

No worries - the Solo School will still happen, but after the first event. We're trying it a little different this year - let folks get an event under their belt so they have an idea what kind of questions to ask.... (or at least that's the party line)
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Is Brad going to go to the seminar on sending mass email while in Vegas? Would be cool if he could send just one copy a day!

My first season, the school was after the first event. I liked it because I could relate to the instruction a little more.

Then there was the school the second year, where a jerk in a Lotus showed up...

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    ....Then there was the school the second year, where a jerk in a Lotus showed up...
    Did he learn anything?
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    Did he learn anything?
    Did he rip his pants on the door post getting out of the car?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    My first season, the school was after the first event. I liked it because I could relate to the instruction a little more.

Then there was the school the second year, where a jerk in a Lotus showed up...
    You're still my bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Did he rip his pants on the door post getting out of the car?
    Oh yeah and went into WH like that.
    M3 is always the answer.