Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCCA Solo Event #1 @ Lone Star Park - 3/13/2011

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    No worries, Jen. Can we stop by any time during the day to weigh in, even if we aren't attending the event?
    Of course! Anyone that entered the DTST contest can drop by the event site to weigh in, even if they will not compete in the autocross. Weigh ins will be done all day near the T&S trailer.
    Jen Maxcy
    TX Region SCCA Asst. RE - Solo

[email protected]

It's been a LONG time, but I'm going to try and venture back out. Probably won't run this one, cars still too new. GL everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BenRomans04 View Post
    It's been a LONG time, but I'm going to try and venture back out. Probably won't run this one, cars still too new. GL everyone.
    What the !!!!???

Holy blast-from-the-past! What heavily-modded slushbox will you be racing this season?? :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    What the !!!!???

Holy blast-from-the-past! What heavily-modded slushbox will you be racing this season?? :)
    No mods. Stock IS 350. Should be fun. Completely different car then the old vic.

No mods. Stock IS 350. Should be fun. Completely different car then the old vic.
    Should have gotten a 1M Coupe. Or just buy my 335i M Sport.
    M3 is always the answer.

Cool! How is it on the track?
    Polished Turd Racing

I wanted 4 doors, so no 1 coupe. And as far as the 335, I hated the fact of spend 40K on a car and having to add on leather. Plus I ike the ride in the lexus better. It won't be as nice on the track as the bmw, but I like it on the road better.

We'll find out this weekend.....lol Just picked it up Monday night.

Anyone need a tire warmer? It's been way too long. . .
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    Anyone need a tire warmer? It's been way too long. . .
    You're welcome to jump in. PM me if you're interested.

I'm in!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Any word on run/work order?
    Polished Turd Racing

Nice! That'll be fun. I autocrossed a friends IS350 one time, it actually drove really well. There's some kind of secret code to fully disable the stability control system. It involves some fancy footwork - tapping the parking brake and the brake pedal in some special sequence or something like that. I'm sure google knows how to do it. Just pushing the "off" button does't turn it off completely.

Proposed Run/Work Order
    Run 1 / Work 3
    XP, AS, BM, BSP, ESP, FM, FS, GP, SSM, SS, ST, STS, STU, STR

Run 2 / Work 1
    CM, CS, DS, DSP, EM, EP, ES, F125, FP, FSP, FSAE, SM, T, W
    Run 3 / Work 2
    AM, ASP, BP, BS, CP, CSP, DM, DP, GS, HS, STX, X, STSL

Thanks everyone that came to the event today!

We could have gone to 6 runs with no problem on time. Blame me for being nervous about the timing setup & staying with 5 runs! Gary Kramar's hard work on the system & computer is paying off. Thanks, Gary!

Jerrett did an amazing job on the course! Compliments were heard all day from entrants!

LOT's of new faces! Always great to see folks enjoying themselves at their 1st event!!! Thank you very much to the "veteran-autocrossers" that helped mentor the novices. I think every novice got multiple ride-alongs during the day & folks helping them out for their runs. That's what helps our sport grow in ALL the clubs!!

Events results will be up shortly along with the sound meter readings. Keep in mind, the only site with sound restrictions right now is Pen Field. Meter results are for your information. I know several of you are headed to the Tour event. The 100dB rule is enforced at the National Tour events.

Thanks again everyone!

We'll see ya at the next SCCA regional: Lone Star Park on Sunday, April 10th!
    Last edited by autoxmax; 03-13-2011 at 08:24 PM.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Great course, had a lot of fun and the event went really smoothly!

Well done to all
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

Awesome course! Starting to get more comfortable pushing the car, although I had an epic spin on my last run...
    Can't wait for the next one, hopefully with new tires by then.

Excellent course! Truly national caliber! Kudos to who ever designed it.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Great course! It was good to be out there again.

Awesome day! I appreciate everyone making my new co-driver feel welcome she had a great day! I was very proud she had all clean runs no DNF's and she just kept going faster every run.

She did however think the finish was stupid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast