Thread: Interesting TireRack Experience

Default Interesting TireRack Experience

Yesterday I ordered some Hankooks from TireRack. During checkout, it told me that their Louisiana warehouse was out of stock until 3/18, but the tires were in stock at their Illinois warehouse. I was given the option of paying $54 shipping from Louisiana and wait till the 18th, or pay $65 for immediate shipping from Illinois. I decided that I am a cheap bastard that was willing to wait a few weeks to save $11, so I selected the $54 option. 2 hours later, TireRack charged me the $54 and shipped me a set of tires from the Illinos warehouse. They will be here Friday.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I wonder if it's company policy to go ahead and eat the higher shipping costs (it doesn't cost them anywhere near $65 to ship it either way).
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Interesting, thanks for sharing. I wonder if it's company policy to go ahead and eat the higher shipping costs (it doesn't cost them anywhere near $65 to ship it either way).
    That thought crossed my mind. It could be standard policy, related to the length of the backorder, an attempt to clear out overstocked inventory in Illinois, or perhaps something they do for frequent customers.

wonder if they were going to transfer some inventory from Ill to LA anyway.. nice to know just the same. thanks
    95 r white

And the tires arrived this afternoon, just a little over 48 hours after I placed the order.

If you need RS-3's I would recommend checking with Todd at Discount Tire or the Tread Zone prior to dropping the $$$ at Tire Rack. Both will beat the Rack price once delivery and local mounting cost is taken into consideration. And they both offer shaving for less as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    And they both offer shaving for less as well.

You shouldn't be on the computer at that time of night, Steve! :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

You should really do something about that follicle fetish of yours.... Its just strange...collecting photos of guys that do things with razors

If you need RS-3's I would recommend checking with Todd at Discount Tire or the Tread Zone prior to dropping the $$$ at Tire Rack. Both will beat the Rack price once delivery and local mounting cost is taken into consideration. And they both offer shaving for less as well.
    looked on Tread Zone Same $102 each price as Tire Rack, $16 shaving (don't know what Tire Rack charges), but shipping UPS ground $101 WOW

guess I won't buy from them
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

You should really do something about that follicle fetish of yours.... Its just strange...collecting photos of guys that do things with razors
    I just wish you'd sign the release so I can use the pictures you sent me on your phone...
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."