Thread: Drivers Edge March 5&6 College Station

Default Drivers Edge March 5&6 College Station

I am 11 numbers into the 16 on my credit card to book this weekend.

Anybody going??

I have a few issue to work out on the LINK, but I think I am getting the hang of this computer thing.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

I was thinking about it, but then I saw those pics of the Evo from last time they were down there. With my recent off-road experiences, I am thinking that I should spend some more time at the wall-less MSR before I head down to College Station.

TWS is fun, but it can be an unforgiving track. There are a lot more things to hit out there.

I'll be instructing with the PCA that weekend, so no go for me.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

You definitely need to respect a few of the turns out there, plus the increased speed is always there. One nice thing is that your brake hardly even get warmed up because most miatas hardly use them there.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    You definitely need to respect a few of the turns out there, plus the increased speed is always there. One nice thing is that your brake hardly even get warmed up because most miatas hardly use them there.
    Huh?????? Coming up the hill in the outback, taking the left-hander requires lots of braking, as the car get's a bit light as it crests the top, then goes off camber. Then, if you did that right, you're carrying lots of speed down the hill to the button hook, that's some serious braking and a double downshift. Other than those two, you're right, not too hard on the brakes. Turn three needs to scrub a bunch of speed, but usually, a quick early brake and downshift get's it started as you need to carry as much as you can up to turn four.

Now if you're running CW, it's a whole 'nother ball game. The entire infield section is all decreasing radius turns, and the front straight starts at the 'normal' turn three, which translates to 10mph more as you come off the banking at the other end. You gotta haul it down in a hurry to make the esses. It's my favorite configuration at TWS :)
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I've neve run TWS in a Miata. All I can say is following Miatas with the Cobra, I seldom saw brake lights come on.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Well, I just signed up. I am Red Solo qualifed driver with TDE. SO What! That means I can take passengers. So, if you interested in riding along @ 130 MPH, let me know.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba