Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NTAXS Autocross #2, 4/16/11, TMS Bus Lot

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    It's going to be chilly in the morning...bring a sweatshirt.
    Low 40s is Coat and hat weather! Pretty nice by 11am or so and maybe NOT SO WINDY AS TODAY!!

Good thing I bought RS3's for this hot-ass Texas autocross weather. They ought to be worn-out right about the time it actually stops being cold in the morning. Craptastic!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver

Burrr

Man, great course today! Big props to Robert. It took a little adjustment to figure out the course style and reacclimatize to the Bus Lot version of grip, but I had a ton of fun and enjoyed the course a lot. Great to see so many people at an NTAXS event, new faces and regulars. Hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

BTW - I think Scott Puddingkanker was a hysterical announcer; better watch out JJ, you've got competition!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Great course, I really liked it!
    2008 Evolution GSR

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Great turnout, awesome weather and a tricky, busy course. Kudo's to Robert for slapping us around at the bus lot. Ready for the next one!

Very good day all around!

the car was sliding all over the place in the morning when it was cold. i had noticeably more grip in the afternoon. i'm still on reguar summer tires (dunlop dz101). i do feel like i'm learning, though.
    - luis
    '99 NB1

Quote Originally Posted by luis View Post
    i do feel like i'm learning, though.
    Glad to see you back. Feel free to ask for rides or an instructor. There are plenty of good Miata drivers out there.

It was a fun day and a fun course.

Quote Originally Posted by luis View Post
    the car was sliding all over the place in the morning when it was cold. i had noticeably more grip in the afternoon. i'm still on reguar summer tires (dunlop dz101). i do feel like i'm learning, though.
    Nice looking miata you have I must say.

I enjoyed the course, the gate in turn 3 was a litte tight, especially for the larger cars but everything else was good.

I enjoyed it, can't wait till it gets warmer though. The morning session was like drift practice, but the extra heat in the afternoon (and some pointers on where I was missing the line from Hiromoto and Dave) brought the grip back. Hopefully there's a photo of some sideways bfw action, lol.

Driver

Awesome course!!!...that corner 3 kept me from going to the gym tonight cuz we were running so much lol...but it was all worth it!! Great time!!

Fun event. Did not like the course on the walk but it drove great and flowed well, nice job Robert! Thanks to Mark for the z06 runs and letting me borrow some tools to change tires (You too 762 and apex2apex).
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Fun event. Did not like the course on the walk but it drove great and flowed well, nice job Robert!
    My thoughts exactly. It drove much better than it walked. I don't think there was anything out there that resembled a straight away - it definitely kept you on your toes. Nicely done Robert!

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Thanks to Mark for the z06 runs and letting me borrow some tools to change tires (You too 762 and apex2apex).
    I was glad to return the favor. I hope you enjoyed it at least half as much as I enjoyed driving your car. Thanks again!

I forgot just how much fun the NTAXS group is. I'm glad I came out. Thanks y'all!

Overall a fun event. It is always a good time finding out just how much liberty I can take throwing the new car around. I kinda wish I would have bothered to really put in a clean afternoon run, but I think I learned more by just trying to force the car to do things.

Here was my fastest raw time of the day a 48.9+1, I have no idea where the cone was.

Here was Thomas' fastest raw time in my car a 48.9+1, I think we both thought that run was clean, so I don't know where the cone was from either.
    Last edited by 762; 04-17-2011 at 11:25 AM.

My fastest raw time was my last run of the day. That little squiggle on 3 tried seducing me into picking up time there all day and I resisted for the most part...I don't know why I gave in on what would have been my best clean run of the day! Of course, watching the videos I see where my lost time was hiding.

Run #8 - 50.723 +1

2008 Evolution GSR

Also here are some things not to do on your last two runs when you actually need to drive properly.

Yes, I am a fan of the TV show Archer, if you get the reference in the second part of the video.

i remember watching that run lol
    - luis
    '99 NB1

Quote Originally Posted by 2zzmr2 View Post
    I enjoyed it, can't wait till it gets warmer though.
    Wait 'till August. In fact, I may be borrowing my daughter's Disney fan-mister for the next event. A few years ago, we tried an April event in Cincinnati and it snowed... It was a great event for the Subaru guys.

Anyway, great course, humorous announcing, easy corner assignment (I had # 2). Would've been perfect if only I was a bit faster.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast