Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSC BMW AX #2, 4/9/11 @ Mineral Wells

Default LSC BMW AX #2, 4/9/11 @ Mineral Wells

Lone Star Chapter BMW announces Autocross #2 - April 9, 2011

Registration is now open for the 2011 LSC BMWCCA AX #2 Saturday, April 9, 2011.

Even if you've never tried autocross before, come on out at give it a try. Instructors are provided. Or, ask for a ride with an instructor to see if you might enjoy it. Rides with an instructor and admission are free!

More information can be found on the LSC BMWCCA website http://www.lscbmwcca.org/autocross-schedule.html, and if you want to drive in the event you must register. Cost is $25 for BMWCCA members, but non-members can register for $35 which allows you to try it out one time.

Event information and Directions
    **** Register Online at dlbracing.com ****
    http://www.dlbracing.com/Clubs/Regis...D=4631&LMID=11

Registration for 2011 events will be 100% online. We will not accept payment on site! Online registration is available until 9PM the Thursday before each event and opens three Mondays prior to the event.

Tech Inspection
    All participant vehicles must pass Tech Inspection on site.
    Tech Inspection begins at 8am and will close at 9am.

Mandatory Driver's meeting at 9am.

First car will start around 9:30am.

Usually have 4 runs in the morning heat and 4 runs in the afternoon heat, per driver.

Rides in instructor vehicles are free. A helmet must be worn. There are loaner helmets available for those that do not own their own helmet. (Helmets must be rated M-2005 or SA-2005 or newer)
    M3 is always the answer.

The photobucket link doesn't work, is it the course map? Can we do a more wide open road course style event?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Cannot see the map?
    M3 is always the answer.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Cannot see the map?
    I can.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    I can.
    +1.

Works now.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Yippee! Looks like a fun course, and different from others I've run out at MW.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Out of town that weekend. Looks like a fun course. I'll make it to a BMW event eventually.
    2013 Red Volkswagen GTI
    ex Miata owner

Well I will be touring the University of Cincinnati Law School on Friday, but hopefully I will be able to make it back for this. It looks like a great course.

I think I might actually make it out to this one. I will hopefully be making at least one of the autocrosses that weekend, but most likely it will be this one. Looks like a really fun course, and MW is a great venue as always.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

I'll miss the Saturday event, have family commitments. Should make the PCA event Sunday. At least I will go easier on my tires MW really tore em up last weekend

Anyone know how long this event is scheduled to go? I just found out I have a birthday party to go to that day late afternoon, wondering if I can make them both...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

BMW events tend to run into the mid-afternoon due to the lunch break. PM KenO; he might let you run the morning-only if you take care of your work assignment and leave at lunchtime.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

We had a guy at an NTAXS event only run the AM session and then get married in the afternoon. My wedding gift to him was not making him work. I'm such a giver.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    We had a guy at an NTAXS event only run the AM session and then get married in the afternoon. My wedding gift to him was not making him work. I'm such a giver.
    Some people play golf with buddies the morning of, some people autocross. It's all good.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Some people play golf with buddies the morning of, some people autocross. It's all good.
    Played golf with my friend on his wedding day. Bad idea. 7 of us in one big group and we were all over the damn place.

Driver

I'm not gonna be able to make this one PTP is booked till Monday then I can get my alignment..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsrturbo View Post
    I'm not gonna be able to make this one PTP is booked till Monday then I can get my alignment..
    They're booked for the next 2 weeks?

I'll be there.

My only concern is it looks like the slalom coming in to turn 5 is located right where the huge bump in the surface is (By bump I mean we catch air on it when running P3). Still, looks like a blast, hopefully my even bigger wing will be on by then.

Quote Originally Posted by 2zzmr2 View Post
    They're booked for the next 2 weeks?

I'll be there.

My only concern is it looks like the slalom coming in to turn 5 is located right where the huge bump in the surface is (By bump I mean we catch air on it when running P3). Still, looks like a blast, hopefully my even bigger wing will be on by then.
    Thats because your car does not weigh anything.

Actually you should be going a lot slower than P3 at that point, at P3 you are probably going 80-90mph, but with this course much slower.

Looks like a fun course utilizing most of the entire pad.

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    Thats because your car does not weigh anything.

Actually you should be going a lot slower than P3 at that point, at P3 you are probably going 80-90mph, but with this course much slower.

Looks like a fun course utilizing most of the entire pad.
    You make a good point sir, do you not catch air on P3? Then again i'm sure mine is a combination of light weight + stiff springs + 2 year old k-sports.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast