Thread: Copying movies from DVD to an Android phone

Default Copying movies from DVD to an Android phone

I have been traveling a lot and have found it nice to be able to enjoy a movie on my phone during the flights. I found a couple pieces of software to allow me to get a movie from my DVD collection on to my phone. I used a trial copy of AnyDVD to get the movie files unencrypted and off of the DVD, and then I used a trial copy of CloneDVD Mobile to create a 1gb 480x270 .m4v file that will play on an android phone.

Before I blow the money buying these pieces of software when my trials run out, has anyone else found anything cheaper easier and/or faster to get this job done?

Driver

Have you tried using Handbrake for the conversion to m4v? It's free. You can also convert to avi and save hard drive space. To rip DVDs I use dvdshrink a lot (even though it's old and unsupported at this point). I rip to .ISO normally (since I archive the .ISO to a server). If it's one that dvdshrink can't handle, I use DVD Decrypter to rip it.

Titus, I use both those products and have good luck with them. I rip mine to MP4 format and it gives a slightly smaller file at that resolution. I do this because my blueray/netflix player can stream that format off my server as well and I can watch them in my living room too.

I bought my CloneDVD and AnyDVD when they were still offering lifetime subscriptions. I never have to pay for upgrades or new versions.