Thread: Paint and Body Work

Default Paint and Body Work

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and Miatas. I just picked up a '96 for $500. The only problem with the car was the RR wheel bearing and the check engine light was on. I fixed those, rebuilt the brakes, flushed all the fluids, new tires and picked up a hardtop. The only problem with the car now is the severe hail damage. Does anyone have any references for a cheap body shop in the Metroplex? Like I said the car was $500, so I'm not looking for a 3K job but someplace that will do a decent job. Thanks.
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 05-17-2011 at 06:09 PM.

i have a guy that does good body work.
    his # is 817-690-0851 name is chris, tell him eugene sent you.

That is great TCB find for a running car!
    Gabriel

http://www.miatasolutions.com/

He is Rogue on this board.

I know a place that has painted a couple miatas in south ft worth... Heh
    I give any guys from the board here a discount also. Let me know.

SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Thanks everyone.

Hey Greg, I tried to PM you but I guess I'm not allowed to do that yet. I know exactly were your shop is on S. Hulen. Could you give me your contact info and I'll bring it by for you to look at?

Yeah I can't PM you either. All info is here http://www.mcautobody.com/

Mine was $850 and hail damaged when I bought it. Heh
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

This thread is perfect timing. I just bought an insurance claim from a friend of mine. It's a second owner, low mile, Amsoil from new, babied car that received a new softtop and the 60k mile service three months ago. But, it was hit on the rear quarter and I'll be looking at either getting it repaired right, and putting it back on the street, or getting it done cheap, and stripping it down for a track car. The hit was hard, but it was above the bumper and the damage was localized. There's no buckling in front of the wheelwell and the door opening is intact.

Doesn't look too bad. It was a total??

The strap holding down the trunk lends a little old world English charm. I say, keep it.

Yep, insurance claimed $4000 to repair the damage and totaled it.

Hey Greg are you working today? I'm going to try and make it by this afternoon. Thanks

Me working? Always. But I drove the minivan today