Thread: KIRKEY Race Seats

Default KIRKEY Race Seats

I have a pair of Kirkey Economy Drag Race seats for sale. I've had them for less than two years now and they have very little wear on them since my Miata is mainly my track car after buying a MS3. They are mounted onto OEM seat sliders and the seat widths are 15.5" (driver-side) 17.5" (passenger-side) and they have black nylon seat covers. They lower you considerably and I'm way below the HDHT roll bar that isinstalled in the car. I have enhanced the padding with high density foam for a little more comfort. The seats can easily be changed from side to side if needed. I went with the larger passenger seat width to accommodate a "wide" range of s.

These seats work great for the track and really make the car feel like a go-kart. They are still OK for a hour of two of highway cruising, but being a they've become a bitt too much for me to take. So I'm going back to my modified OEM seat with belt pass-throughs. I bought them from a local race shop and they are available for pick up in Flower Mound.

A perfect TCB alternative to other costly seats $350 for the pair - will not split them up.

Economy Race Seat Features:
    This Kirkey seat features a 20° layback for a comfortable fit in your door slammer car. These Kirkey seats are made with .125'' thick 5052 grade aluminum, They are TIG welded and MIG welded inside for added strength. The high back design head rest is reinforced with Kirkey's unique tubular rolled edge. The seat bottom is contoured to support your lower back and hips. A rubber molding is added around the perimeter of the seat and the belt opening for safety. The Kirkey seat sides are lowered for lap belts, the Shoulder and Submarine belt opening is standard.

Kirkey Economy Drag Seat Covers have extra thick, high density foam padding on bottom to support thighs. The upholstery is double stitched around belt openings and all stress points.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 2K Miata; 05-17-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: typo
    2000 Miata LS - TEIN FLEX, RB header & Exhaust, Monster CAI, HDHC single diagonal with door bars.

Will the driver seat fit a 5'11, 145lb guy snugly? If so, I am interested.
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Quote Originally Posted by apex2apex View Post
    Will the driver seat fit a 5'11, 145lb guy snugly? If so, I am interested.
    No, 15.5" would be pretty loose.

Driver

Talk to OZMDD. I know he's been looking for some seats to help the cheatermobile shave more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    No, 15.5" would be pretty loose.
    In that case, I will pass. GLWS
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Talk to OZMDD. I know he's been looking for some seats to help the cheatermobile shave more time.
    Thx for thinking of me, but I don't think I could DD those, and I only need one, since the baby car seat goes on the passenger side with the oem latch anchors. I'll pass this along to some others I know.
    GLWS!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Your welcomed to come and try them out. I've added foam to the sides so they are a little more snug that a regular 15.5" seat.
    2000 Miata LS - TEIN FLEX, RB header & Exhaust, Monster CAI, HDHC single diagonal with door bars.

Default Sold!

The seats have been sold - Please it up.

Thanks.

Mike
    Last edited by 2K Miata; 05-18-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo