Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ER Challenge Cup Event #1 (2-27-2005)

Default ER Challenge Cup Event #1 (2-27-2005)

So who is going to Mineral Wells to Run the first ER Event of the Season!

More information on the event is availble on the ER Website!

As long as nobody keeps me out partying too long on Saturday, I'll be there with bells on. The "new" rear sway is in and has tamed my steady state understeer. As long as I remember to stiffen the shocks, there isn't any real oversteer, but I can flick the rear out if need be with a little extra gas. Yay!!!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I know that I will be out this weekend. Monkey has to check with the BOSS She may also run, not sure yet.

I think that white is finally ready

Where and what time do we meet for MW. McDonalds or other?
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

I-20, exit 418, McDonald's is on the south side of the Interstate. It doesn't open until 7:00, but onething and I will almost certainly manage to get there at 6:55, no matter how hard we try to get there at 7:05...

If you get there early, there's air (cheap, not free) across the street at the gas station.
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim
    I know that I will be out this weekend. Monkey has to check with the BOSS She may also run, not sure yet.

I think that white is finally ready

Where and what time do we meet for MW. McDonalds or other?
    What he said.............

I'll be out there for sure. Dunno whether I'll make McDonalds yet or not.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I would be going backwards to go to that McDonalds. I may or may not be able to go for food.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Well, if nobody else is sayin', I ain't either!

I'll be at the event but not at McDonalds...I'm on a diet - gotta lighten up the car's weight some (apparently my really nifty automatic roof weighs too much) - not to mention the fact that that McDonald's IS somewhat out of the way.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

Quote Originally Posted by rjosey8385
    not to mention the fact that that McDonald's IS somewhat out of the way.
    How do you figure? We drove right past it when I had your back door...

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    How do you figure? We drove right past it when I had your back door...
    Oh, NOW I remember OK. Well if I get there early enough, I may stop in and watch you guys eat....
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

If all goes well, and I can get away from TMS early enough, Wayne Atkins and I will be there Saturday evening/night and try to do some testing with his Honda before anyone puts a course down...We spent the last three weeks or so putting all new bushings in the suspension, hubs and bearings, shifter kit with bushings, among other stuff to try to get back the half second penalty the new PAX brought us...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    As long as nobody keeps me out partying too long on Saturday, I'll be there with bells on. The "new" rear sway is in and has tamed my steady state understeer. As long as I remember to stiffen the shocks, there isn't any real oversteer, but I can flick the rear out if need be with a little extra gas. Yay!!!
    Ditto
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop
    If all goes well, and I can get away from TMS early enough, Wayne Atkins and I will be there Saturday evening/night and try to do some testing with his Honda before anyone puts a course down...We spent the last three weeks or so putting all new bushings in the suspension, hubs and bearings, shifter kit with bushings, among other stuff to try to get back the half second penalty the new PAX brought us...
    All C Stockers in favor of the new STS PAX raise your hands!

Hopefully the majority of the money positions won't be STS cars this year. :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    All C Stockers in favor of the new STS PAX raise your hands!

Hopefully the majority of the money positions won't be STS cars this year. :P
    Yeah, but just in case, hang onto that handy excuse generator....I'm sure somebody'll be needing it after this weekend. :P

Just a reminder ER moved up the time schedule 30 minutes for this year. Registration "should" start at 8:00 instead of 8:30.

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    Just a reminder ER moved up the time schedule 30 minutes for this year. Registration "should" start at 8:00 instead of 8:30.
    Heh.....glad you mentioned that. I hadn't noticed and I'm working registration.

How many runs do you generally get at their events

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER
    How many runs do you generally get at their events
    You always get 4 runs (that's for the non-member fee of $25.00) and then you have the option of buying 2 more runs at the end of your regular 4 (and this enters you into the money for Pax, which pays out to 10th place in open class and usually 3rd place in womens) for an additional $10.00.

The PAX payout was increased this year also.
    ER Rules

H. Awards: 1. Per-event R.P.C. Awards. a) R.P.C. per event awards will be based on the following table:

R.P.C. class place winners will be awarded as follows:
    First Place.............................$45.00
    Second Place........................$40.00
    Third Place............................$35.00
    Fourth Place.........................$30.00
    Fifth Place.............................$25.00
    Sixth Place............................$15.00
    Seventh Place.......................$15.00
    Eighth Place..........................$15.00
    Ninth Place...........................$15.00
    Tenth Place...........................$15.00
    Eleventh Place......................$10.00
    Twelfth Place........................$10.00
    Thirteenth Place....................$10.00
    Fourteenth Place..................$10.00
    Fifteenth Place......................$10.00

Sweet!
    Iain

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast