Thread: What is the Part Name for a CAS oil gasket/seal

Default What is the Part Name for a CAS oil gasket/seal

I have been to the parts shops a couple of times and cannot find the name of the CAS oil seal on the back passenger side of the engine. Does anybody know the official name that I need to ask for so I can get the correct part? It's suppose to rain on Sunday, good day to finish the job.
    If you cant race it, why buy it?

Honda 650XR SuperMotard
    Suzuki GSXR 1000

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Are you talking about the O-ring? If so -

Mazda Miata C.A.S. O ring 9954-10-3801 (CAS = Crank Angle Sensor)

Along this same line. I have a leak at the back of my engine, could this be the culprit? if so, how hard is it to replace?

Thanks,
    Chris

Back behind the engine on the passenger side/ about head level/ there is a round seal that is leaking oil. It is about 5 inches in diameter. If the O-ring is leaking inside of it, would that cause the seal I am speaking of to leak? It may be the oring cam shaft seal, but is there another gasket that seperates the round metal cover from where it attaches to the head? It looks like that is where some large amount of oil is coming from.

Honda 650XR SuperMotard
    Suzuki GSXR 1000

Check the pointy board and they'll have info on what the size of the O-Ring is... You can get them at Napa for about 89 cents.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Bare with me I am new to the site.

Whenever someone tells me to go to the pointy board, or the garage section, I cannot find what they are talking about. I am not retarded, I have just dented to many helmets in my days.

Honda 650XR SuperMotard
    Suzuki GSXR 1000

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Pointy board (aka board) = www.miata.net

Pointy board garage section.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I recently did this procedure to change the CAS O-Ring on the POS Racer! It was quick & Easy!

Found it, It looks like an easy install. I am replacing and cleaning everything up at the same time to get it right. I had not been to Miata.net yet. Thank for pointing me there.

Once again, you guys are great. Thanks for your help.

Honda 650XR SuperMotard
    Suzuki GSXR 1000

Its really really easy, took me like 10 min to do. I stuck my hand back there to check it after reading the article in miata.net garage and my hand was covered in oil After the install all was right again. Just make sure you mark it like it says in the garage or you could get your timing off.

Man, my '96 started leaking like hell just after the last oil change. At first I figured I'd screwed up somehow, but dang if I can see how. The oil doesn't seem to be coming from the drain. I wonder if this is it?

I'd really like to stop putting $5 of oil on the floor (and having to clean it up). If someone with some experience would be willing to help me take a look at (and maybe fix) it (if it's the seal), I'd be willing to repay with some Pizza/Beer (I don't drink much, but you're welcome to my beer stash)/GT on big screen with seat/Halo/whatever.

Chuck