Thread: NB Added to Spec Miata

Default NB Added to Spec Miata

Per :

Linkie.

Not positive that this is news, and it certainly isn't my thing, but I suspect someone here is interested in the fact that 99-05 Miatas have been added to SM.

S.

Moderator's note - I've moved this topic out of the autocross forum.

Holy crap! I knew the move was coming (the '99+ is already legal in Pro Spec Miata for this season), but I didn't expect it this soon. This should be interesting!

With a 2500-lb minimum weight, the NB will definitely become the choice among the fat fellas building Spec Miatas.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I thought about looking for a cheap 99, because the SM suspension actually works better on a heavier car, and a 99 Sport has been the quickest "bone-stock"Miata that I've ever had on the track. But then common sense kicked it. It has been a terrible time gettting parity of the 1.6's and the early 1.8's and I don't want to go thru that again. Besides, I have so many spare NA parts that it would be foolish to build a newer one.......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

say bubye to all the remaining cheap 99 Sports out there on the market!

Although.. what does teh sport really gain you over a base model when you remove all the interior and suspesion anyway?

It'll be interesting to see where this takes class competition. withe th 41mm restricter it'll be pretty far behind to start with..

Some interesting notes.

The 99+ cars must have the stock diff they came with. That will make Miatas with a stock torsen more desireable.

The 99+ cars must all use the same stock spoiler. (NC10-V4-900F) Since 01+ Miatas have a different nose and spoiler, how will this work?

Will the VVT on the 01+ offer any advantage?

Many newer 99+ Miatas will require more than 100lbs of ballast to meet the min weight requirement. How much do NA miatas need?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

you can put in the mazdaspeed diff in the open diff cars. so there really isnt any advantage
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

5spd vs 6spd
    3.9, 4.1 or 4.3 diff
    VVT or no VVT? (if it's there already, that's more weight, less balast?)

I think it says it must use the "stock OEM" diff.. I didn't read that as "the one that came on that specific car" but more as "one that came from the factory"

I suspect it will be similiar to the "on the same line" rule for stock AutoX classes? (or maybe an availble option rule)