Thread: Tire Question

Default Tire Question

I am having two new Victoracers mounted and two others flipped.

My question is about the two I've had flipped, should I run them on the car to match the rotation they had before the flip, or does it matter?

Yes I know I should have just bought 4 tires but I am "The King of Cheap!"

POS,

I'm not very familiar with those tires... do they have an arrow on them to point out the direction of rotation? If they do, then yes, you need to match that.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

No offense Channelmaniac but I was looking for someone with some real world experience on the subject.

BTW. Thank you Sammm for setting up the 4 wheels for $35.00 mount and Balance team CB deal at Discount by the North East Mall!

I don't think it will matter.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Well, if nobody else is sayin', I ain't either!

Default Re: Tire Question

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I am having two new Victoracers mounted and two others flipped.

My question is about the two I've had flipped, should I run them on the car to match the rotation they had before the flip, or does it matter? [/b]
    It doesn't matter on dry (speaking from experience) and I can't imagine it would on wet since presumably when you flip the tires (do you guys get weird looks and arguments when you tell them that's what you want, or is it just me?), there isn't enough tread left mid-tire to make a difference with water-channeling.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

If you were driving at 60+ mph for extended periods, you might have a quieter tire with less tendency to vibrate if you spun them the same direction. For autocross, I don't think you could possibly measure any difference.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Default Re: Tire Question

Quote Originally Posted by rjosey8385
    It doesn't matter on dry (speaking from experience) and I can't imagine it would on wet since presumably when you flip the tires (do you guys get weird looks and arguments when you tell them that's what you want, or is it just me?)
    No. I had a set of V710s flipped last year. At first, I decided to try out my new local Discount Tire to see if they were any good. So I drove up there with the tires on the trailer and told them what I wanted. Tire monkey takes one look at them and says "They won't be no good in the rain if'n you flip 'em like that. You oughta replace 'em anyway, 'cause they're pretty worn."

Needless to say I hopped back in the car and drove back to my usual place, where they don't try to convince me of how bad my treadless race tires would be in the rain.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

The Guys at Discount knew what they were doing yesterday, no questions or stupid comments! All that for just $35.00*!

*Which is $5.00 cheaper that the Bozo's at Altain's Goodyear who wouln't honor the MME price last time I tried to get tires mounted! :P

Well, if nobody else is sayin', I ain't either!

I don't get arguments at Discount (or stupid questions when I get stuff done up at Todd's place). The guy just gets a course in Tire 102 - end of discussion, and hopefully he'll remember it next time I come in with the same request. :P
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'