Thread: You know you go to a bad university when...

Default You know you go to a bad university when...

You're walking back from an FE Exam class this evening and notice a billboard on one of the recycling cans that reads:
    Just Bail Bonds
    15% discount with valid UTA student ID
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

haha. i looked at going there but decided i didnt like it. and arlington in general too. just like FW better/
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Don't get me wrong - I think UTA has some very good programs (their Engineering, Nursing, and Architecture programs are all very highly regarded), but I find some of the ways that they've whored themselves out to generate revenue these days to be kind of funny.

Like ads for bail bondsmen on campus trash cans.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

yep, they have a great engineering dept, but im lazy so im going to unt... and i like the feel of an old campus better
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C

Default Re: You know you go to a bad university when...

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    You're walking back from an FE Exam class this evening and notice a billboard on one of the recycling cans that reads:
    Just Bail Bonds
    15% discount with valid UTA student ID
    Hell, they should have provided bail bonds at my old college seminary... geez...

fwMiata
    PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:01 am Post subject:
    yep, they have a great engineering dept, but im lazy so im going to unt... and I like the feel of an old campus better
    when you're in the engineering department it's not like you see the outside anyways.......

or maybe it's because i build a race car when i'm not hitting the books or something related to personal hygene

heh, i mess with racecars too, just dont have any desire to mess with the SAE cars.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C