Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCCA Solo Event #6 @ Pennington Field - 8/14/2011

Default SCCA Solo Event #6 @ Pennington Field - 8/14/2011

I know we are still talking about the last SCCA event and how an STS Miata is just as fast as a BSP Evo , but the next one is already upon us. See you all in two weeks.

More info here.

Course map is here.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

In already
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I'm in, and my car is well under the 100 dB limit. Remember, the sound limit is not just informational at Pennington.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

I'm in! New tires arrive tomorrow!!!!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    New tires arrive tomorrow!!!!
    Hooray!

I'm in! New tires arrive tomorrow!!!!
    Did you take advantage of their special offer. Buy 4 and get a 10 gallon tub of moustache wax?

In! going to be codriving with another Brad in a BS Solstice GXP.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    Did you take advantage of their special offer. Buy 4 and get a 10 gallon tub of moustache wax?
    That's why I bought 8. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

I'm still not sure we have recovered for the last SCCA event and freaking Channel 11 Chief Meteorologist Larry Mowry still has 100+ in the forecast...

Pencil us in as a maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I'm still not sure we have recovered for the last SCCA event and freaking Channel 11 Chief Meteorologist Larry Mowry still has 100+ in the forecast...

Pencil us in as a maybe.
    Larry Mowry?!?! He owes me money!

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Larry Mowry?!?! He owes me money!
    LOL!

I tell you what this weather makes me question my desire to play the game of autocross. I may become a track guy so I can stay inside this weekend.

Keep in mind that PMS has some good shade up by the stadium and course walks are a breeze. So, you have a good chance to rest in the shade before the event and during your off period.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Keep in mind that PMS has some good shade up by the stadium and course walks are a breeze. So, you have a good chance to rest in the shade before the event and during your off period.
    Good points Jimmy!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post

Pencil us in as a maybe.

Man, ya ain't lyin'! I really want to do the BMW event this Sat, but it's only worth the heat stroke b/c of the # of runs vs. SCCA.

Have you tried racing in the comfort of A/C:

http://www.lfs.net/

It's the only AutoX game I've found.

The 100dBA sound limit will be enforced at the Aug 14th TX Region SCCA Solo event at Penn Field!

From the rulebook:

The maximum limit will be 100 dBA. Participants are reminded that this is a limit, not a design goal. Sound measurement is affected by externalfactors such as temperature, humidity, topography, and other environmentalconditions. A margin of error to accountfor such eventualities is encouraged when designing exhaust systems. The measurement will be taken at a pointwhere the vehicle can reasonably be expected to be under load at full throttle. The measuring point will be 50 feet fromthe edge of the course using an ANSI Type 2 sound meter set to “A” weighting,“Slow” response. The microphone will be3 to 4 feet above ground level, positioned perpendicular to vehicle directionof travel. The microphone will be awayfrom structures (e.g., buildings, etc.) as is practical. If a vehicle exceeds 97 dBA, the Sound Chief orhis/her designated representative will be notified by the Sound Control worker. The SoundChief or representative will notify the driver of any measurement over 97 dBA. If a vehicle exceeds 100dBA, the driver willbe allowed an attempt to reduce the sound level of the vehicle before his/her next scheduledrun. (A “mechanical delay” per SoloRules 6.8.D may be used.) If a viable remedy has been attempted in the judgment of the Sound Chief or representative,the driver will be allowed a “second chance” for the next scheduled run. If the driver declines any “repair action” orthe “repair” is deemed inadequate by the Sound Chief or representative, thedriver will forfeit all subsequent runs in the vehicle (unless an adequate“repair action” is completed before the next scheduled run). If the vehicle exceeds 100 dBA again on the “secondchance” run, the driver will be allowed another attempt as before to reduce thesound level. The Sound Chief orrepresentative may approve a final “third chance” run after another remedy to reducethe sound level. If the limit isexceeded on the “third chance” run, the run will be scored a DNF. Any “repair actions” to reduce the soundlevel of a vehicle may not be removed and may be subject to re-inspection by the SoundChief or representative. If the “repair”has deteriorated after passing the sound level requirements at the measuringpoint, it must be addressed again. The Sound Chief or representative has theright to disallow a repeat of the “repair action” that deteriorated. The “repair action” may be changed or modifiedto improve the quality of the “repair” and/or further reduce the vehicle soundlevel. Drivers that receive a DNF for non-compliantsound limits must make further “repair actions” to reduce the sound level to compliantreadings before starting runs the next day.

Directing the exhaust away from thesound meter can be considered “unsportsmanlike conduct” and may be referred tothe Event Chair for action.

I know, it’s a pain but none of us want to lose the Pennington Field site either! Help us retain the site for future use by ALL the clubs!!

A couple of additional items on thesound issue.
    • We will not be starting timedruns until 10am on Sunday. (See theadjusted schedule below.)
    • Please keep ALL excessive noisedown in the Paddock /Pit areas until at least 10am! (Please, No car stereos played loudy, No“blipping” of throttles.)
    • Be a good neighbor!
    It’s going to be warm so make sure you bring plenty of water,sunscreen & light food for the day. Start to hydrate with water theday before!!

Adjusted Sunday 8/14 Event Schedule:
    8:00am - 9:00am Registration & TechInspection Open
    8:00am - 9:30am Course open for walking
    9:00am (approx.) Novice Walk Thru
    9:30am (approx.) Mandatory Drivers Meeting
    10am (approx.) 1st heat Drivers in Grid, 1st heat Workers oncourse, First Car Out!

Online registration closes Friday, August 12th at 11:59 PM. Onsite registration is welcomed, but you canbeat the line with registration online! Credit cards CANNOT be accepted onsite. Cash or check ONLY.

Online registration link:
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/FCE3A28D-BCEB-D36D-83E816EE62B63362

Map to event site: GoogleMap to Pennington Field
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Does the sound limit apply to Jerrett's announcing?
    Polished Turd Racing

Does the sound limit apply to Jerrett's announcing?
    Won't some please think of the children!

If you have been trying to get to the TX Region website for info on the event, it's been down due to the rolling blackouts earlier in the week.

It's back up & running now.

Btw, the current points for the series have been posted!
    www.texassolo.org
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    I'm in.
    Me and Evil KK are in also!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast