Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Region SCCA Autocross # 8, TMS Bus Lot, 10/9/11

Default Texas Region SCCA Autocross # 8, TMS Bus Lot, 10/9/11

More info here: http://texasscca.org/Solo/SoloAboutSolo.aspx

You can see the course map here: http://texasscca.org/LinkClick.aspx?..._Q%3d&tabid=82

Note that we can still get a good course going, even with the smaller lot size.

Come join us.

Looks decent. Wouldn't it make more sense to grid in the road rather than the racing surface. Especially now that we have lost some space?
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

TMS won't allow gridding in the road anymore.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    Looks decent. Wouldn't it make more sense to grid in the road rather than the racing surface. Especially now that we have lost some space?
    Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    TMS won't allow gridding in the road anymore.
    I think Jeremy is referring to closing down the road, like we do for Divs and Tours, rather than parking along the side of the road like BMW used to do.

While shutting down the road is an option, it is a lot of extra work that I do not think anyone is willing to take on. Brad and Jenn have a lot to do, already, so someone else would have to step up.

The BMW and NTAXS clubs are using the walkway to the restrooms for grid, since you can remove one of the poles to access it. This only works because both clubs send cars in groups and the groups perform all of their runs at once, so there is not a lot of crossings overe the course of the event. There might be a safety issue at SCCA events because each car would have to cross the street twice for each run.

I'll volunteer to assist with road closure in the future if that's an option. Being able to get another 10 seconds out of the courses would be worth the effort.
    Polished Turd Racing

Doesn't the close the road stuff require FT. Worth PD (Paid) assistance as well??

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I'll volunteer to assist with road closure in the future if that's an option. Being able to get another 10 seconds out of the courses would be worth the effort.
    Probably more like five seconds. Feel free to discuss it with Brad.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Doesn't the close the road stuff require FT. Worth PD (Paid) assistance as well??
    Nope. We used to think so.

Evil KK and I are in!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    This was the case for every year except for last year at the Div. The City of Fort Worth worked with us to waive the permit fees & deemed the road to be part of the TMS facility. This let us close the road without the assistance of the off duty FtWorth Police officers (required by the permit). The typical cost was just over $1,000 at previous events.

TMS is disputing that the road was actually part of their property & legal to not have the permit.

Closing the road is actually rather hectic without the assistance of the Police Officers. Jen & I almost got run over by a sleepy driver when we were putting up barriers & cones on the West end of the street. We also had 2 to 3 pick-ups that crashed thru the barriers during the days of the Div.

My concern is that at some point someone is going to get hurt by a nut crashing the barriers or by a sleepy driver.

For Sunday's event, we will not be closing the street.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

I know it's 2 seconds for the cones but how many for the barrier? Seriously though, closing the road seems like a bad idea based on risk/reward especially considering cost.

Proposed Run / Work Order Event #8

Two Heat Format
    Run 1/ Work 2
    AM, ASP, BP, BS, BSP, CM, CP, CS, CSP, DM, DP, DSP, EM, F125, FSAE, GS, HS, SMF, STX, W, X

Run 2 / Work 1
    XP, AS, BM, DS, EP, ES, ESP, FM, FP, FS, FSP, GP, SM, SSM, SS, ST, STS, STU, STR, T

Three Heat Format

Run 1 / Work 3
    AM, ASP, BP, BS, CP, CSP, DM, DP, GS, HS, SMF, STX, X

Run 2 / Work 1
    XP, AS, BM, ESP, FM, FS, GP, SSM, SS, ST, STS, STU, STR

Run 3 / Work 2
    BSP, CM, CS, DS, DSP, EM, EP, ES, F125, FP, FSP, FSAE, SM, T, W

gonna be a damp slick day out there.....

Looks like the weather gods are going to put a damper on today......

The course is set up.

Open car race rubber. I'm a wuss not gonna make it.

you didnt miss much. even on toyos it was like ice, standing water. Working course was pretty brutal. At least i stayed off the wall.
    Polished Turd Racing

Damn that was fun!!!!!!!!!

The course was great! I wish we could have ran it in the dry. I felt like I was driving miss Daisy today.

Quote Originally Posted by wmr View Post
    The course was great! I wish we could have ran it in the dry.
    I will keep it to use again... hopefully dry.

Quote Originally Posted by wmr View Post
    That course was great! I wish we could have ran it in the dry. I felt like I was driving miss Daisy today.
    Great course, It was a blast to drive, even wet. Great runs Walter!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    Damn that was fun!!!!!!!!!
    You got that right!!!
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast