Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving to Hallett on Thursday

Default Driving to Hallett on Thursday

I'm not sure when I want to leave yet, but I'd like to miss rush hour traffic here, and get up there before dark and in time to check in to the hotel and grab something to eat. Anybody else going up on Thursday?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I'm your wingman!

I'm leaving around 7pm from Lewisville, but I'm taking 35.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

I'll drive up with you. Actually I'll be driving up with Quan as he will likely be hauling up some tires for me. Shhh... He doesn't know it yet.

I'm in agreement on an mid-afternoon leave time with no rush to get there. If y'all are real adventurous, we can take the more scenic Route 66 and stay off the main highways. I drove home that way last year with Nails, Rogue and driftdevil and it was way fun!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I was considering the quick 'n' dirty 4-4.5 hour trip up 35 through OKC again. If the weather's nice, I'd be up for something a little more adventurous like the route we took up 75 my first year, but I don't want to drag it out into a 7 hour odyssey. I figure I'll have plenty of drive time on Friday and Saturday.

William, do you have an idea of the Route 66... route?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    I was considering the quick 'n' dirty 4-4.5 hour trip up 35 through OKC again. If the weather's nice, I'd be up for something a little more adventurous like the route we took up 75 my first year, but I don't want to drag it out into a 7 hour odyssey. I figure I'll have plenty of drive time on Friday and Saturday.

William, do you have an idea of the Route 66... route?
    I would have to talk to Steven. Nails might remember. I just followed the car in front of me. It was a bit longer but so much more fun. Maybe Nails will chime in with his
    ...and across the line.

OK, I had a little Fun With Google Maps and I came up with this. It's 5.5 hours (according to Google's pessimism), but we've got easy options to bail out to big roads if we feel like it. I made the first part of the drive up through Tishomingo a few years ago and it was scenic and fun. We hit 66 at Stroud and follow that until we turn off for Sand Springs.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Looks good except Arcadia, OK closer to OKC is a must stop for Pops. They have bottled sodas from all over the world.
    ...and across the line.

Throw up a route...

EDIT: If we want to go through Arcadia, then we might as well go up 35, otherwise that could be the 7 hour odyssey I don't want.
    Last edited by trickyrix; 09-09-2011 at 11:10 AM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Rick's route works for me but I'm more about the journey than the destination and this is the route I would take if driving alone and not pulling a trailer. The route 66 stops I can see on the way back.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    I'm leaving around 7pm from Lewisville, but I'm taking 35.
    My self, quan and john are doing the 35 to okc about 7pm. To hallett in the AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Rick's route works for me but I'm more about the journey than the destination and I would take if driving alone and not pulling a trailer. The route 66 stops I can see on the way back.
    LOL... That looks like a really nice drive, but I could make an entire weekend out of that one.

I'm going to stick to the first route I posted (revised route here) - through Tishomingo, up 377 to Stroud, then we can make the call on whether to hit 44 or 66. That's at least a route that I've (mostly) never driven before. Let's pick a place to meet for lunch, then head out from there. I'll play it by ear on the way back, but I'll probably take the quick road down to OKC and meet up with my cousins for lunch.
    Last edited by trickyrix; 09-09-2011 at 02:27 PM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    Gary R. and I will be doing the same too. We plan on leaving Dallas 3PM'ish on Thurs. Stay at OKC and to Hallett in the AM.
    Gabriel

Tricky and Nails,

It was just a suggestion. I'll go with the group on this one. I can always catch Pop's on the ride home.

Gabe, I'd suggest driving all the way to Sand Springs. Why layover in OKC and have a longer early morning drive? Looking at Friday's schedule shows if you don't get there early enough, you may need to wait a while at the gate until they close the track to let you in.
    ...and across the line.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Gabe, I'd suggest driving all the way to Sand Springs. Why layover in OKC and have a longer early morning drive? Looking at Friday's schedule shows if you don't get there early enough, you may need to wait a while at the gate until they close the track to let you in.
    The major reason is that there is no reasonable place to stay at Sand Springs rather than with truckers and hookers! Do you know of a good place to layover at SS? Also, at OKC there are more places to eat and may be catch a movie.
    Gabriel

Huh? We're staying at the Hampton on Thursday night... I don't remember seeing too many truckers or hookers, but if you've got info on the hookers, let me know.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    lol, Quan loves to follow my car, with the 300lb trailer...especially the highway pulls and torment.

I suppose you can sign me up for a savage burn across southern OK.

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Huh? We're staying at the Hampton on Thursday night... I don't remember seeing too many truckers or hookers, but if you've got info on the hookers, let me know.
    The hookers don't have to be alive for me to rail blow off their asses, do they?

The hookers don't have to be alive for me to rail blow off their asses, do they?
    I thought that was what you keep jeff_man around for???

When they can't move, that makes it a whole lot easier...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast