Thread: Miata shop in GP/Arlington area

Oil Changer

Default Miata shop in GP/Arlington area

I have a no start issue with my 97. I have changed fuel pump, fuel filter, etc... and am in need of an honest, reliable repair shop in the Grand Prairie/Arlington area. Any suggestions? I would like to stay in this area if possible as I will need to have the car towed..

thanks

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Stevan (Rogue) at Miata Solutions is up by TMS....closest guy to you I would trust.

http://miatasolutions.com/

+1 on Miata Solutions.

A general repair place isn't going to have the expertise to service your Miata.

So what happened that got it to where it will not start? It is an OBDII car is it giving you any codes??

Also if you or one of your friends has a SUV or a truck this is way cheaper than any tow truck you can get in DFW.

Got spark?
    M3 is always the answer.

I think there's a guy at Miata Solutions that can help you out.

Oil Changer

Default Miata Service shop

Miata will fire up and run for approximately 30-45 seconds, then die. Changed fuel pump and filter, with same results. It is not throwing a code. In order to tow a miata on a tow dolly will the drive shaft need to be removed?

Chassis Designer

If you inquire about towing, you will get lots of opinions. I have flat towed my '03 5-speed over 25,000 miles with no damage. I just put it in neutral and turn the key off, but leave it in the ignition to allow the front wheels to steer. You won't hurt a thing by towing it around the Metromess.

Jim M

Towing is a sticky subject here. most recommend a Peterbuilt tractor for a utility/tire trailer so I'm going to recommend using a BN Santa Fe train engine for something as heavy as a Miata and an Aircrane to get it to the train yard. Flat towing with that SUV is for nothing larger than a Micro Machine, maybe a Hot Wheel if you have a 1-ton dialog. I towed a lawn mower with a Cummins 3500 on a triple axle goose-neck once and it was too was dangerous.
    Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 11-28-2011 at 12:50 PM.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    Towing is a sticky subject here. most recommend a Peterbuilt tractor for a utility/tire trailer so I'm going to recommend using a BN Santa Fe train engine for something as heavy as a Miata and an Aircrane to get it to the train yard. Flat towing with that SUV is for nothing larger than a Micro Machine, maybe a Hot Wheel if you have a 1-ton dialog. I towed a lawn mower with a Cummins 3500 on a triple axle goose-neck once and it was too was dangerous.

^^^^like^^^^

Any full-size pickup or SUV will be plenty for a Miata on a dolly. For manual transmissions, a car dolly will not require removing the drive shaft. Be cautious, and you'll be fine.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Damn autocorrect on my phone.

Ahh...towing threadjack in progress!

I've always heard/read that a tow dolly is NOT suggested for use with a Miata. If it turns out that no permanent damage occurs while doing so, that is certainly an option I would entertain in getting my car to certain tracks (Hallett).
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Ahh...towing threadjack in progress!

I've always heard/read that a tow dolly is NOT suggested for use with a Miata. If it turns out that no permanent damage occurs while doing so, that is certainly an option I would entertain in getting my car to certain tracks (Hallett).
    John Zepeda (spoolin2bars) has been towing his miata via tow dolly for over 4 years and he's running some of the fastest miata times in texas

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    John Zepeda (spoolin2bars) has been towing his miata via tow dolly for over 4 years and he's running some of the fastest miata times in texas
    Probably because he's getting a great draft from the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Probably because he's getting a great draft from the truck.
    It's a pretty fast Suburban. I know quite a few people dolly towing and they have no problems to report. If JZ flat towed for years with no problem on his 5-speed and continues racing on it, all is well.

You can call Tandem Auto, they are in Arlington off 360 on the other side of the highway from the GM plant. (817) 633-3225. My friend Palbo owns the place and is pretty familiar with Miatas. He has a turbo'ed 94 he is rebuilding, and has my supercharged '99 that he is putting a megasquirt on! Tell him Luke sent you.