Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BMW Night (9/17/11) & Day AX (9/18/11) 2011

Default BMW Night (9/17/11) & Day AX (9/18/11) 2011

BMW Night & Day AX 2011

Lone Star Chapter BMW announces Autocross #7 - Sunday, September 18, 2011
    and the Night Autocross September 17, 2011

Registration is now open.
    http://www.dlbracing.com/Clubs/Regis...D=4726&LMID=11

Even if you've never tried autocross before, come on out at give it a try. Instructors are provided. Or, ask for a ride with an instructor to see if you might enjoy it. Rides with an instructor and admission are free!

More information can be found on the LSC BMWCCA website http://www.lscbmwcca.org/autocross-schedule.html, and if you want to drive in the event you must register. Cost is $35 for BMWCCA members, but non-members can register for $40.

Event information and Directions
    **** Register Online at www.dlbracing.com ****

Registration for 2011 events will be 100% online. We will not accept payment on site! Online registration is available until 9PM the

Friday at 9:00PM before each event and opens three Mondays prior to the event.

Tech Inspection
    All participant vehicles must pass Tech Inspection on site.
    Tech Inspection begins at 8am and will close at 9am.

Mandatory Driver's meeting at 9:00 AM.

First car will start around 9:30AM.

Usually have 4 runs in the morning heat and 4 runs in the afternoon heat, per driver.

Rides in instructor vehicles are free. A helmet must be worn. There are loaner helmets available for those that do not own their own helmet. (Helmets must be rated M-2005 or SA-2005 or newer)
    Location: Mineral Wells Airpark - 5300 Airport Road, Mineral Wells, TX, 76067

Night Schedule

All times are approximate.....a rough guideline.
    Our intent is to have drivers do at least 5 runs in the daylight session so that they can familiarize themselves with the course... With 20 drivers and a course time of about 50-60 seconds.I expect each session to feel a lot like our fun run sessions.
    Ideally.. drivers should also be able to get 4-5 runs at night.

3:00 PM - AUTOCROSS COMMITTEE arrival/setup
    3:30 PM - Tech inspection opens
    4:30 PM - Driver's meeting
    5:00 PM - first car off - group 1 - 55 mins
    6:00 PM - first car off- group 2 - 55 mins

6:55 PM - DINNER BREAK

The dinner break is a chance to enjoy the Texas summer sunset, grill, cook out, and socialize in a away that we just don't normally do at most autocross events since everyone will be taking a break at the same time!

8:05 PM first car off - group 1 -55 mins
    9:05 PM first car off -group 2 -55 mins

10:00 PM Finish

Last year. Most drivers had the best results by driving with headlights OFF and parking lights and foglights ON.

Keep in mind that the NIGHT autocross is on Saturday. The regular points paying event is on SUNDAY. Normal times apply for the Sunday event.
    M3 is always the answer.

I've never been out to the fabled Mineral Wells site... Any co-drives available?

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Any co-drives available?
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Last year. Most drivers had the best results by driving with headlights OFF and parking lights and foglights ON.
    I would skip the fog lights, too. Your headlights will not help because they will not cover the spread of the cones in front of you. So, your only option is to keep it dark enough to see the glow sticks. Foglights will create ambiant light that will overpower the glow sticks. You should run with your parking lights on, though. They do not provide enough light to affect the glow sticks, but they do make your car easy to see for the rest of us.

These night autocrosses are a lot of fun. Once the night runs start, there are no corner workers. It is a pretty neat experience.

I agree. Keep the headlights off!

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    I've never been out to the fabled Mineral Wells site... Any co-drives available?
    Anything is possible with enough $$$
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Anything is possible with enough $$$
    Cold fusion?

I wonder what rally lights look like on a NC... Hmmm...
    Su B.
    SSP - #117
    08 997.1 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by sube View Post
    I wonder what rally lights look like on a NC... Hmmm...
    Noooo! You want practice looking ahead? Try this event!!

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Once the night runs start, there are no corner workers. It is a pretty neat experience.
    But you told me to wear all black for the night corner work....

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    But you told me to wear all black for the night corner work....
    Thats cause your special.

Yes. I'll be shining my Q-beam at drivers randomly throughout the evening. Good luck!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I'm trying to register for the night autocross...but I can't figure out the classing criteria. I tried searching for other n00b questions, but came up with nothing, and I gotta get back to work.
    Anyone help a brother out?

NA Miata, FM/AGX, Torsen, 15x8s w/ crappy street tires.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi View Post
    I'm trying to register for the night autocross...but I can't figure out the classing criteria. I tried searching for other n00b questions, but came up with nothing, and I gotta get back to work.
    Anyone help a brother out?

NA Miata, FM/AGX, Torsen, 15x8s w/ crappy street tires.
    Class X, which is non BMW 2.1L or less on street tires with no forced induction.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

I will be there Sunday. Can't make Saturday. Looking forward to a long fast course. Hope we have dry conditions. My ride no do wet.

Is there only 1 registration/entry fee to do both? Noticed that you get the same entry results if you click Sat or Sunday. Debating depending on weather, looks like rain for the next 5-7 days.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

^What happens to the night autocross if it rains? I know regular autocrosses don't usually get rained out, but didn't know if the night runs would be different.

I'm on the fence, was about to register earlier this week then some family obligations came up, but looks like that might be rescheduled so I might be able to make it after all.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

For night autocrosses, rain events must be run in the nude.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    For night autocrosses, rain events must be run in the nude.
    That seals it def not going to the night autocross if OZMDD is running around nude.

See you guys Sunday.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast