Thread: Dodge Ram

Edmond, OK - right on the way to Hallett!

Default Dodge Ram

I hear if you do the special conditions races in a pick-up you get massive points (200) for each race.
    If you are not living on the edge ...
    you're taking up too much space!

It's been my experience that the game assigns point to the race based on how competitive you are with the other cars. For example, the first few races I ran were in a very un-competitive car, and I was getting 70 to 90 points a race. After I upgraded the car and was in a position to open a can of whoop-azz on 'em, I got 1 or 2 points a race.

I'd guess racing in a pickup would qualify for some serious points, but so would a Vitz.

Chuck

The theory on the pickup thing is that the points are based on a number of items and the total weight of the vehicle carries a big portion of the score. Thus, even though it has a relatively high power/weight ratio, it still scores big. Plus... it's not bad to drive. Helps encourage early braking.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Setup sure makes a difference, doesn't it? As usual, the best cars in the game seem to be the race cars they give you for wins. Sean and I picked up the Nissan racer the other night, and it was night and day different to drive even though it had mostly the same equipment as a similar car we already had. Same thing with a Camaro.

Chuck

The a-spec points suck. I can use a 780 hp truck that is close to the top in my hp/weight ratios and get 200 pts while killing the others. But today, I raced in an 86 point race with my rx-7 and beat them pretty bad 10secs or so. But I had a 98 point race and got killed by 10seconds. Could barely catch the guy. If I was in a 200 point race in the rx, would I be going backwards?

I agree that it can be a bit strange in its calculations...

Interesting point, though:

Power is certainly a big factor (maybe the biggest), but I'm really starting to believe that most any car can go a lot faster with a proper setup. Like I said, the "racing" cars that you get as prize cars are just soooo much better to drive than the street cars that it's no contest. And in many cases they have significantly less power and only a slight advantage in weight.

Chuck

Edmond, OK - right on the way to Hallett!

I whooped the Saleen in the rain in my modded Clio V6 ... nice point race there!
    If you are not living on the edge ...
    you're taking up too much space!