Thread: Major Rule Changes for 2012

Default Major Rule Changes for 2012

There have been a major group of rule changes for 2012. I know many of you don't keep up with it so I'll post the ones that would affect most people here:

General
    1. Division program is changing and possibly being killed off. Now there will be inter-regional events whatever that means.

Stock
    1. Stock class cars can run either a front OR rear swaybar.
    2. The following cars are now in DS: New V6 Camaro/Challenger, G35/G37 coupe, Genesis V6, Mini Cooper JCW
    3. The E30 3 series is now in GS.

Street Touring
    1. ST is now called STC
    2. New class called STF with only newer, heavier, and slower front wheel drive cars.
    3. Big brake kits are allowed. Drum to disc conversions are allowed. Must be bigger in diameter and thickness than stock.
    4. Piggyback ECUs are now allowed. Must plug right in, no splices allowed.
    5. STS, STR, STC are now allowed any high flow cats and can move the cat back 6".

There are tons of other changes in Street Prepared/Prepared/Modified but I don't follow their rules. These are the changes that affect most people here.

I didn't see the actual approval of the cat rule for precat deletion. Is that separate from what you are mentioning? I assume the STR header rule is the section 14 proposal awaiting BOD approval?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

It's sort of hidden you have to look in the "full" fastrack:

http://www.scca.com/assets/11-fastrack-dec.pdf
    First line of page 3

Thx!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

the rear bar allowance in stock could lead to some shuffling among the favorite models and maybe even some older models finding a new competitive life.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    the rear bar allowance in stock could lead to some shuffling among the favorite models and maybe even some older models finding a new competitive life.
    Should also be a boost for the economy as people will be adding 3 inch fronts and 2 inch rears to ridiculously undersprung cars...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Should also be a boost for the economy as people will be adding 3 inch fronts and 2 inch rears to ridiculously undersprung cars...
    Afraid I don't get the point on this. It is an either/or allowance. Used to be just the front bar now you can do the rear bar instead of the front. Allowance that could help the front drive crowd and a few others in stock.

Think you two are missing a key word in the new swaybar rule. The key word to consider is OR!

1. Stock class cars can run either a front OR rear swaybar.

That is the point I was making. In stock you will be able to replace either the front bar (old rule) or the rear bar.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Think you two are missing a key word in the new swaybar rule. The key word to consider is OR!
    Meh. I'm not keen on actually reading rules... It's more fun to make stuff up!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton