Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-season mods for 2012 season

Default Off-season mods for 2012 season

What are you changing, adding, fixing, or maintaining in perparation for the 2012 season?

I just ordered new front lower-arm joints, front upper-arm joint dust covers, and a new tie-rod end for my bad one. I will probably order a shifter bushing kit in a few weeks. I will also install the hitch I picked up from Mark52.

I might also put a bike rack of some sort on my trailer.

Lets see... Wheels, tires, bumpers, fenders, doors, hood, trunk, and paint. Yep... think that is about it so far.

[Blasphemy Mode : ON]

I'd really like my '94 to see other people and possibly try something other than a Mazda.

My Autocross Cars since I started playing in 2001 have been an RX7, Miata, Miata, and another Miata. I seem to be in a rut.

[Blasphemy Mode : OFF}

Put the stock bump stops on my shocks.

When I put on my new (to me) shocks I went with very short bumps stops. I think that was a mistake, with the short bump stops the car had a lot of roll, so I will try the taller stops and see how that works.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Start building out my STR/TCS/X/1 MX-5.

Whatever it takes to get the thing moving again so I can actually have a 2012 season.

So currently that is tidy up the last of the piping, make sure wires and hoses are in safe places, four new tires (fronts are bad, rears have like 3k miles on them but I'm not a fan of mixing brands), drop it a bit, alignment/corner balance, finally putting the 1.8l rear brakes on.

Everything else is just "crap" like finish my WBO2 setup once and for all, detail the crap out of it since it looks like I have a tan interior, some small interior changes/prettying up, possibly low-profile HIDs (been on the to-do list for years). But none of that has anything to do with auto-x or even tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post

I'd really like my '94 to see other people and possibly try something other than a Mazda.

My Autocross Cars since I started playing in 2001 have been an RX7, Miata, Miata, and another Miata. I seem to be in a rut.

Maybe the new Scion?

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Maybe the new Scion?
    Nope not going to get a $25,000+ Scion for Autocross that isn't TCB.

Order a set of 17x9 wheels and some 255 RS-3s so I can stop tracking this car on my daily driver tires. Not that I'll be at many events next season - between my new project and my wife retiring to stay home with Colin I won't have the time or money to do much autocrossing next season.

I hear you can get an S2000 for a good price these days. All the great things about a Miata, with more power, much better brakes, and a power top for us fat old guys with bad rotator cuffs.

Nope not going to get a $25,000+ Scion for Autocross that isn't TCB.
    I think the new Toyobaru is going to be a big hit with both the cone dodgers and the track junkies. Looking at the specs it's the modern incarnation of an Integra Type R with right wheel drive.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Not doing anything, just gonna sit tight and see if you guys can get a little faster. Tired of always winning.

Seriously, I'm on a mission to get a new header/midpipe combo that will still work as a DD and not break the bank.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

LSD, diff & engine mounts, wheels & tires, shocks & springs, front anti-sway bar, Evolution school
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

A supercharger,a turbocharger, and an AWD kit. I am going to call it a miata ST4.

1. Header upgrade- Got a sponsorship with Bisimoto so I am upgrading to one of their super pimp headers
    2. Front brake upgrade- I should be able to lose 15-20lbs of rotational/unsprung weight off of the front end of my car
    3. New spring package- I am going to experiment with running different spring rates on each corner
    4. Build or buy a trailer

An engine and a turbo encabulator.
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

Back wheel hub assembly's. I should start looking for newer diff and trans as I am over due to blow these 89 versions. Tires no doubt.

Wheel hubs done. 4 wheel alinement done. Fenders rolled.
    Last edited by bnordin; 01-21-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    Nice!

Chassis Designer

I'm looking into a lighter throttle return spring.

Jim

Just tires and seat time for me unless something good pops up on the classifieds.

I think those are the big weak links on my car at this point.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    1. Header upgrade- Got a sponsorship with Bisimoto so I am upgrading to one of their super pimp headers
    2. Front brake upgrade- I should be able to lose 15-20lbs of rotational/unsprung weight off of the front end of my car
    3. New spring package- I am going to experiment with running different spring rates on each corner
    4. Build or buy a trailer
    5. Update avatar to show a BLUE CRX!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver

I have a 1.8ltr I'm swapping in for more tq...New rs3s with a trailer setup so I don't waste my tires around town, new clutch/flywheel.All new mounts and bushings.lighten the car up some.and see how I do,

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast