Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decent Android Phone??

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Really? That's odd. My iPhone sorts my contacts alphabetically by first name, but I can change how it sorts and displays in Settings. If I want to find someone I just start typing in the search bar and it works just like brg's Droid - it just looks for the string of characters you type, regardless of where it occurs within the contacts' names.

Anyhow, at this point it's all just splitting c-hairs...
    Did you ever sync your phone with ITunes?

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Hmm, I own a television. Excellent for watching TV. Flash drive is excellent as a flash drive. My ipod is really good as an ipod. Laptop is a fantastic computer.

I guess I don't do enough things on my phone that I can do better with the device that was intended to do them to appreciate the Droid. Damn kids today...
    Thank you.
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

The iPhone 4S is really responsive and fast due to it's updated hardware. It also gets great battery life.
    It is dead easy to use, especially with the "dumbed down" one button.

If you have a mac, get an iPhone. If you use Windows, plug & pray that iTunes doesn't erase everything on your phone by locking up half-way through a sync, and continues doing so until you remove all security software (antivirus and firewall)

I have personally seen this happen in the past week.

I have an app on my Evo that backs up my system, apps, data and contacts to my SD Card automatically.

I have had my HTC Evo 4G for a long time. It's been a great phone, and I didn't do any tweaks/rooting/hacks until this month.
    If I browsed the internet almost non-stop, I'd get about 6-8 hours with it stock.

I recently rooted my phone and installed a different rom and it made a night and day difference. It's like a whole new phone! This is one of the great things about Android devices.

57% after over 7 hours. This is with a few 10 minute phone calls, internet for about an hour, youtube for about 30 minutes. I consider this to be light usage. When my screen is off, my processor is throttled down to a minmum. WiFi connected most of the time.
    In any smartphone, the screen will always be the biggest battery killer.

Last edited by brandonmpace; 12-07-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    '01 Miata. Silver/Red Stripes. HDHCDD
    '13 Mazda2. Spirited Green.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Did you ever sync your phone with ITunes?
    Not yet... maybe that's why it works so well?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Driver

My phone was on 18 hours yesterday and had 43% left! Today it's not doing so good. The 68 minutes of voice call isn't helping :) Still went 16 hours off the wall and was 20%.
    Last edited by goofygrin; 12-08-2011 at 08:47 AM.

I saw that on Endgadget...extreme want. It was crazy to switch from iPhone to the EVO3D, I was missing out on tons and tons of awesome new technology, I was really behind the times. The most recent cool convenience is creating a Google Docs spreadsheet for a large hose order that the retailer could edit on the fly, and I can edit and forward through the phone since Google is blocked at work.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Picking up a asus transformer prime as soon as best buy has them in stock (company card). Then this summer when the Tegra 3 phones are out will pick one up.

Information overload! I've read this post over and over and after one pass I want an Iphone next pass I want android phone.

I still recall my first Cell Phone I got it at Hawk Electronics and it took them a couple hours to install it in my brand new Pontiac Bonneville. It was high tech if you pushed a certain button the car would beep the horn and flash the lights when a call came in. Man I can't get over how thinks have changed.

Dunno how your carrier works but my carrier, AT&T, has a time limited return policy. Try one out, if you don't like it, get the other one. I have never regretted any of my iPhones but get at least an iPhone 4. My 3GS was showing it's age with the current iOS 5. Sloooow. With the exception of some computer nerds and my mother-in-law, everyone I know with an iPhone loves it or at least doesn't complain about it.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    everyone I know with an iPhone loves it or at least doesn't complain about it.
    Or moved on to a Droid OS because Droid does where iPhone fails
    Blah blah blah!

Blog Entries

I have a Samsung Epic galaxy. Upgraded from the HTC hero. I love it and have had zero issues if you don't include dropping it in the toilet. The 4g and wifi hotspot work great, I got to lose the aircard. I'm watching movies, Linda is playing facebook games and Jr. is playing World of Warcraft all off the phone hotspot. Everybody cusses when the phone rings (wifi cuts off)
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Information overload! I've read this post over and over and after one pass I want an Iphone next pass I want android phone.

I still recall my first Cell Phone I got it at Hawk Electronics and it took them a couple hours to install it in my brand new Pontiac Bonneville. It was high tech if you pushed a certain button the car would beep the horn and flash the lights when a call came in. Man I can't get over how thinks have changed.
    If you don't jack with ROMs and rooting on either phone, they will both work flawlessly, every time.

Very simple, one sentence suggestions:
    Buy an iPhone if you plan to buy a new phone every two years because Apple will back-door you into planned obscelence with iOS updates that slow your phone to a crawl and plan to pay for iCloud. Buy an Android if you plan to keep the phone longer than 2 years or will use free Google cloud services (yes yes yes).
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Last quick comment:
    If you plan to use the phone for turn by turn navigation, avoid the iPhone. Or plan on paying for the service if your carrier has one (possibly pay for a downloadable app?). I have Verizon, so maybe other carriers include navigation on their iPhone?

The stock iPhone map application will give you text directions, but it won't account for where you are in real time (read: printed Google maps, but on your phone). It also will track where you are and show a live map with the directions it gave you in text highlighted, but it will not adjust if you go off course or tell you when/where to turn - you have to follow the map yourself as it moves. The live map will show you off course, but it offers nothing in the way of getting back on track.

Well after much deliberation, research, and valuable help from some of you & Tailchaser I decided to buy the phone with the longest name.

So I clicked on a "Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch" on Amazon Mobile!

Last edited by POS Racing; 12-14-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Be sure and let us know how you like it.....my wife and I are due for upgrades in Jan and use Sprint.

Blog Entries

Cool. Mine has two nav systems, sprint and google. I like google better.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Shoulda got an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    Shoulda got an iPhone.
    Yup. Hey now POS has a POS Phone!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast