Thread: Right Front Brake Lock Up

Default Right Front Brake Lock Up

Is it normal to have the right front brake lock up first all the the time? When my brakes lock up, the right front is always the frist one to do so. You can guess I now have a "square" right front tire!

What I can do to fix it this besides fixing my right foot (the one I use to brake)?

By the way the OEM pads and brake fluid (still look fresh) were replaced at the end of last season.

Thanks!
    Gabriel

yes, as more weight is on the left front when you are in the car. solution, dont stop as hard.....
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Yea you might try not stopping so hard...you shouldn't need to lock them totally up anyway if you are a good driver...its just going to make you slide and not be able to turn that good. Just my 2 cents though.

PM Tailchaser. He was talking about finding a solution to this yesterday. I wasn't paying attention to what it was, though. :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I don't know that I've found a solution to it, but...

There was a discussion on the pointy board about a cure.

Essentially, you acquire some adjustable endlinks for your front swaybar. Put your weight in the driver's seat, and adjust the passenger side endlink so that there is no pre-load on the swaybar.

I've noticed since stiffening the springs on my car that it doesn't tend to lock the right-front, it now tends to lock the front wheel with the least load. I don't have adjustable endlinks, but I do have essentially no pre-load (only about 1/4 inch) on the front sway.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

easiest solution, fill a bag with sand weighing the same amount as you and put it in the passenger footwell.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Take some caster out of the right front............
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'