Thread: Local parts?

Default Local parts?

Does anyone know where to get some NGK or Magnecore plug wires locally?, prefferably Ft Worth area.

It seems they are hard to find.. I searched Sunday at all the major places in West Ft Worth and some Mom and Pop places with no luck.

However yesterday was a productive day for me...
    Adjusted the throdle body cable, changed to synthetic engine oil and new filter , replaced belts, and adjusted hood and sub frame brace, which was causing the rattle when the clutch was unengaged. (weird) was off about an inch and a half.

Next week is shifter turret, Diff, and tranny synthetics (Redline)
    Tomorrow is spark plug wires and plugs (if I can find them).
    Then I will have a good baseline for maint. schedule and be ready for the HP mods

.....also I noticed while under the car the other day that there was this going on with my exhaust system.....
    header...cat.... some unknown can...then muffler (w/single tip)
    was this a factory setup or what is this other small can? any ideas?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default Re: Local parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    Does anyone know where to get some NGK or Magnecore plug wires locally?, prefferably Ft Worth area.
    Try your local Mazda dealer for the NGK's.

Default Re: Local parts?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Try your local Mazda dealer for the NGK's.
    Yep... Town North Mazda has some sitting in the glass dispay cabinet at the parts counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Resonator?
    Yep it's a resonator, got one in our '02. From what I've seen and heard, If you take it out they can be a bit loud, and not in a good way.

BTW. We got a single tip Enthuza Budget Series M2 Speeder Exhaust in the ’02 it sounds great!

i have a resonater in my stock 96 exhaust too.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

I thought it might be a resonator, small thing.
    Its pretty loud now but not in a good way so I will leave it on, its kinda ricey sounding to me.

I think I am just going to spring for the Roadster sport when the time comes and get the Racing beat header and midpipe, there goes 1K...lol

I finally went to a dealer to get the OEM wires NGK and plugs.
    Will be putting them on in a min when the engine cools,....what a nice day for top down tooling around town.

I have already noticed the car is running smoother and more responsive, I forgot to mention though there was a vacumn hose off the cold air induction I found the other day too. so thats most likely what made the diffrence, I think the wires and plugs will too since they have 40K on them.

Thanks for the help guys.

OK I got a problem.

I just installed the new plug wires and NGK plugs, made sure the boots were on good and tight.
    Took it for a spin and its running fine however, when I am pulling up to a light or stop sign and put the car in neutral and use the brakes to come to a stop the car is dipping down to 600 to 700 rpms then returning back to around 850 rpms, before it was running about 900 rpms and w/ AC on around 1100 rpms.

The plugs in before were Bosch platinum 4's, I used the standard NGK, and used NGK wires, even though the new NGK's seemed to be a tiny bit longer than the older ones.

Any suggestions?
    Is this something where I should just bump up the idle a little bit?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Any suggestions?
    Is this something where I should just bump up the idle a little bit?
    You can adjust the idle, but be sure and put a 'jumper' wire on the TEN-GND pins in the little diagnostic box under the hood. Drivers side, close to the shock tower.
    You may also be experiencing the famous '99 idle droop. May be time to clean the throttle body and intake manifold, and clean the infamous EGR port.

Banned
    Fort Worthless, Tx And deep in the land of STRESSSSSS!!!

hey billy bring it by this weekend ( again) give me a call and we'lll take care of the rest of the stuff that needs to be done and I was so ticked that my tools were so misorganized so i got them all organized and was able to put a few more into the " BIG YELLOW BOX" so next time we won't be looking around for tools like we were, and we will adjust the hood, clean the throttle body and clean out a few more thing too as well as fix that fender too ( the driver's one) like i said give me call and tell me the time and place I can even come out your way if you like this time ( let the ladies meet up too)

rory

Hey Sammm, would that happen just right after changing the plugs and plug wires? I mean before I changed them it was fine and never anything like this, not even a hint of it.
    The car has 40,150 miles on it.

Rory I will hollar at ya tomorrow sometime, You guys forgot to come see me tonight didn't ya....lol tis ok, will catch up next time.
    Billy

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Hey Sammm, would that happen just right after changing the plugs and plug wires?
    That is strange. At this point I would suggest you check your plug wire connections on both ends again. The first time I changed wires on my '92, I used a bit too much dielectric grease and the boot was slipping off of the coil pack making the car run like crap!

Yeah,... I am am going to go take everything off ( the plug wires) and put it back on again, then check to make sure I didn't knock of any vacumn hoses which I am pretty sure I didn't.
    And if it continues I will just bite the bullett and go buy a set of Bosch PLatinum 4's and call it a day.

One other thing, are the wires on the NA and NB really diffrent?

These seem a bit long and the box said that they were for NA application, I questioned the parts guy and he showed me on his computer screen that this was the right part #.

Hell I may just take everything back since it was runnning better before I did anything to it.

save myself $60.

I guess something was loose, I double checked to make sure everything was on tight and took it out today and ran it like hell and the little bi**h ran like a scalded Ape.

Much more pep...so all is well, thanks for the suggestions.

Banned
    Fort Worthless, Tx And deep in the land of STRESSSSSS!!!

sorry i had to take a friend to the hospital dt's from alcohol, he's an alcoholic, me i just like to drink beer.

rory