Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: late '91 Big Nose 1.6, Racing Beat intake and header, Buddy Club Spec II

Default FS: late '91 Big Nose 1.6, Racing Beat intake and header, Buddy Club Spec II

Toying with the idea of selling this for a while now. The car runs fine as it sits, you can drive it if you want to before buying. The alternator is on its way out so I stopped driving it daily. I would prefer to sell this as a complete package or trade for a running 13B motor, ecu and harness, transmission front case etc...

What it is:

NA Miata 1.6 liter motor from a '91.5 (big nose crank), had ~ 120k on it when I bought it. I recently replaced the water pump and timing belt/tensioners and did a tune-up on it when I bought it and installed it about 15k ago. I used a new crank bolt from the Mazda dealer and Loctited the threads as recommended. The last time I drove it (about 1 month ago), it had NO lifter tick, which is nice. I plan on jumping it and giving it a good drive this weekend and about every week til I pull it out.

What it comes with:

Racing Beat intake, which is basically a U-shaped pipe that puts the filter behind the headlight instead of almost touching the header.

It has a Racing Beat header that was in great condition when I installed it, and is still in great condition now. That dumps into a Magnaflow hi-flow cat and then goes into the Buddy Club Spec II, basically a complete straight-through exhaust.

I used a brand-new Exedy OEM clutch and an F1 9lb chromoly flywheel (stock weighs 18lbs) with new bolts when I installed the engine, seems to be holding up fine.

The motor mounts are the stiffer Mazdaspeed units, if they're still in good shape when the motor comes out you're welcome to them.

The engine includes the Ford valve cover that leaves the cam gears exposed and has a "custom" catch can setup.

spark plug wires are Magnecor 8mm.

What it DOESN'T come with:

I removed A/C and power steering and trashed the pumps and bracketry.

What you pay:

engine = $450
    exhaust+magnaflow cat = $450
    header = $300
    intake = $125

so everything for $1,200

the car can be seen or driven most days in the Benbrook area. the best way to contact me is goatmonsterman at gmail dot com.

Driver

So is this a complete car or just the motor and accessories that would be pulled? I'm guessing the latter.

yep, everything in the itemized list is what is for sale. open to some negotiation, but as far as trades go i want to be able to at least get a running motor in similar condition to what is being pulled out.

i dont have my hoist on me but i plan on getting it as early as this weekend time-permitting. if you like what you see and put some money down that would make it worth my time to pull it all out, i can have it out and loaded in your vehicle in the space of an afternoon. just give me enough notice to clear a chunk of time suitable for the work required. i think the last time i pulled an engine it didn't take that long, and this time i am not worried about labeling hoses and connectors.

I was assuming the header was 1.6 only, until I saw on Miata.net listing it as applicable to 90 - 97, but other websites listing different parts for 1.6 / 1.8.

I'm assuming typo and this will only fit a 1.6???
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Cylinder spacing is different between the 1.6 and 1.8 motors. A 1.6 header will span all years and crank configs though.

That's correct! The header came from another member that was on this site at the time, although it has been a while and I don't remember who it was. Sorry guy!

It had a couple installation marks on it when I bought it, but it was pretty otherwise. I don't think it had any carbon on the inside of the runners at all. Might have changed since I have run it though, haha. I didn't wrap it, so there's no surface corrosion or anything on it. I used a new Racing Beat multi-layer exhaust gasket and new studs and nuts in the head where the old ones needed replaced.

90 Turbo

I am interested in the engine alone. Have you done a comp test?

I have not done a comp test, but if you bring a tester I'd be more than happy to let you go at it! I'd really like to try and sell everything at once, but if you want the engine and could point me to some potential buyers for the rest that would be cool!

90 Turbo

I am turbo so the rest is of no use to me sorry. I really only want this for a core to rebuild and I am not even sure about that. I am considering a 1.8 just need to research. So I am a maybe at best at this point

Bumping this, the car was daily driven again up until recently but is now parked in the garage because I'm driving my Toyota.

Nothing has really changed, engine is sitting at approximately 155k miles. If you're interested, you can drive the car yourself before you buy the engine and I will pull it out for you. I work M-F so giving me a weekend to get it pulled out and at least a week of notice would be appreciated.

Price is now $1,100 for the whole package, or $400 for the engine and $400 for the buddy club and magnaflow. other prices have not changed. If you'd like specific pics of anything, please email me and I'll send them.

Bump from the dead!

indeed! bought a house so i have a permanent place to work. my plans have gotten bigger and i'd rather start sooner than later. prices negotiable and i would consider trades for certain parts, especially towards anything for a 1.8 turbo setup or a good single diagonal roll bar.

Quote Originally Posted by dickie View Post
    Bumping this, the car was daily driven again up until recently but is now parked in the garage because I'm driving my Toyota.

Nothing has really changed, engine is sitting at approximately 155k miles. If you're interested, you can drive the car yourself before you buy the engine and I will pull it out for you. I work M-F so giving me a weekend to get it pulled out and at least a week of notice would be appreciated.

Price is now $1,100 for the whole package, or $400 for the engine and $400 for the buddy club and magnaflow. other prices have not changed. If you'd like specific pics of anything, please email me and I'll send them.
    What's your email? Can you send pics of the exhaust and cat?

Quote Originally Posted by spencer9474 View Post
    What's your email? Can you send pics of the exhaust and cat?
    Nevermind I just re-read the first post

bumping. all parts still available, still on the car. the motor mounts are spoken for once the engine comes out but everything else is there and it can be driven. due to flakers, i will not remove any parts until there's cash in my hand.

Pm sent

replied. open to trades or partial trades of miata parts or lexus/toyota v8 stuff.

buddy club is pending sale.

I'm interesting in your 1.6 engine. I have a 1.8 turbo/mainifold/downpipe from a Mazdaspeed Miata (don't have charge pipes/intercooler) I can trade you. Your PM inbox is full.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

thanks for notifying me, i cleaned it out so i should be able to receive pms again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast