Thread: Lonestar BMWCCA Autocross at Mineral Wells...Sat.- 04.03.04

Default Lonestar BMWCCA Autocross at Mineral Wells...Sat.- 04.03.04

Pre-registration and BMW CCA membership required. For event info, see Lonestar BMW CCA. To register, visit DLB Racing.

Who is considering this event? Let's get a running count. I'm in on this one.

Don't forget- you need to be a member ($35-40/yr), but included in that cost is a years' subscription to the great national BMW mag, ROUNDEL, and when you register for an autoX online- the cost is only $25. $25 for a small crowd, fast course and 6-8 runs. Thats 2-3X more than the last SCCA event :).

Sorry Joe looks like I will not be able to make the BMWCCA event I need to get prepared for MSR. I do want to run at least one BMW events this season, as well as a PCA event!

Does BMW still offer a one time pass on the membership requirement????

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Sorry Joe looks like I will not be able to make the BMWCCA event I need to get prepared for MSR. I do want to run at least one BMW events this season, as well as a PCA event!

POS
    BMW still has the one-time pass information on their website, however, the fee would probably be a non-member rate of $35....think of it as an ER event with more runs, less rules, longer courses and faster speeds. Its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA

POS
    BMW still has the one-time pass information on their website, however, the fee would probably be a non-member rate of $35....think of it as an ER event with more runs, less rules, longer courses and faster speeds. Its all good.
    Shoot son you don't need to tell me that, I ran a bunch of their events back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA

POS
    Plus the patented "variable gimmick course element"!

Oh well, I won't dog the Bimmer boys any more, other than to say that they certainly lay out some... err, unique courses. :P

FWIW, the Maverick Region Porsche Club has two autocrosses coming up in April - 4/11 at Mineral Wells, and 4/18 at the Bus lot @ TMS. Not only are they like "an ER event with more runs, less rules, longer courses and faster speeds", but they also tend to lay out entertaining and challenging courses that reward skill and handling over power. Unlike their Bavarian cohorts.

I plan on being at the Mineral Wells event on 4/11, but I just wish their TMS autox didn't conflict with the 2nd Texas Region SCCA event, as I'd rather run the Bus lot.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Chassis Designer

I am planning on attending. Hopefully my new tires will be delivered on time. College Boy may be home this weekend and might come also.

Good.
    Just looking for more than 2 miatas at a BMW event......

I can't make it to the BMW event. But I am free on the Prosche Club weekend (4/11). Anyone going?
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    I can't make it to the BMW event. But I am free on the Prosche Club weekend (4/11). Anyone going?
    I plan on being there. I figured I'd start a separate thread about it next week, so we don't clog up joe's thread.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw