Thread: 2013 Genesis Coupe - I like a korean car...

Default 2013 Genesis Coupe - I like a korean car...

Wow, YMMV but I think the 2013 Gen Coupe pushes all the right buttons. Styling is way better inside and out and the engines... at least spec-wise are great. 2.0L turbo 274hp/275trq or a 3.8L V6 348hp/295trq. That 2.0L turbo could be a lot of fun...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Anyone see anything on weight? IIRC, the current ones are about 3300/3400lbs.

Ya something like that...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

"The curb weight of the coupe is 3389 lb for the V6 and 3294 lb for the I4"
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

The question is will the weight of the 2013 go up, down, or stay the same

Safe bet with the added bling it is going to pack on a few more pounds.

Not a fan of the front, looks like a mix between the smiley face Mazda 3 and a GTR. Hate to say it but 3,200 pounds in today's market isn't that heavy.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

It's light for the class for sure.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

3,200 is very light for its class, especially considering the power. I'd still like to test drive one of these things...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

My best friend had a brand new 2012 2.0l turbo for all of two days, then someone cut across a 4 lane highway and took him out. Didn't even have 200 miles on it. He loved it, but ended up replacing it with a G35 that he wanted years ago. Not sure what the 2013 does differently.

Both engines get nice power increase, the turbo gets an extra 75 hp, the V6 has an extra 45 hp... I think the styling is much improved as well, but that's subjective.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Yeah, just saw the link in the second post after I replied. I think his style looked better. That's a nice bump in power. I know ATP had kits out like a week after the car was first released that put out 400rwhp or so. From the tiny bit of research I did before he got his, the V6 seems to be the car to get if you don't want to tinker with it. The turbo 4-banger is the more desirable one if you don't care much about warranties. I don't know if the V6 aftermarket options opened up yet or not, but there was very little when he was trying to figure out which one he wanted.

That all sounds accurate from the research I've done. The V6 engine sounds great IMHO, but I think the turbo is the more appealing from the hobbiest standpoint.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

I never heard either He lives in Las Vegas. Was planning on driving it out here a few weeks after he got it, but like I said, he only got 2 days with it. Damn shame. So if you know anyone with one out that way, there's a practically brand new one with Brembos and the upgraded wheels sitting in the junkyard.

EDIT: You meant "sounds great" like "sounds like a great motor" and not actual sound, right? Just realized that. ha