Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #1, Feb 26th

Default Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #1, Feb 26th

The winter break is just about over although we haven't actually had any winter yet. Equipe Rapide is happy to announce our first event at a new venue. We will be hosting Challenge Cup #1 at Resitol Arena in Mesquite on February 26th. The site is concrete and has elevation changes that will make for some exciting on-camber / off-camber elements. This year our prices will remain the same at $20 entry fee for members, $25 non-members, and $10 Rapide PAX. We are again offering our popular Novice class, street Tire class, and eXpert class. Standard SCCA classing structure is available as well. Check us out at www.autocross.com/er. Registration is now open in AXWare.

Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

I'll be there.

Damn, I wish I could! I can only make Saturday events, oh well looks like another year on NTAXS, BMW, and PCA for me!
    2008 Evolution GSR

Will there b sound limits:)
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

I'm not aware of any but ER board reserves the right to tar and feather any ear splitters.
    Andy Cost

Chassis Designer

i'm down. project maita is guaranteed to post the slowest time there :)

I'm in. Looking forward to trying the new mods out.

Looking forward to trying a new site!

What's the approximate size of the site? What amenities are on site? What amenities are close by? And do you have an address and zip for those who use GPS?

P.S. I am so ready for some racing!!!!!
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Its similar in size and shape to Royal Purple Raceway. Restrooms on-site, not sure if concessions will be open. Google Resistol Arena for location, its the south lot. Paddock lot is really large, like PMS (used to be). Site has a mild slope, not severe like LSP.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

There will be a porta potty. The arena will be closed during ER #1 and will have an event going during ER #2. There are gas stations and fast food places one block away. We have rented three lots and are working on figuring out how to use them. The West and South lots may be able to be connected together to use both for the course. The other lot is gravel and could be used for paddock. The catch is that the entrance between the West and South lots is about 30 feet wide gap between curbs. If we can get the course to go straight through there then we may use both lots. Our insurance has specific requirements for fixed objects and I'm going to get a clarification from them to see if we can make a straight that runs through there.
    Andy Cost

Sounds awesome! What condition is the concrete in? Also, is it smooth like PMS or spiky like Blytheville?
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Not as good as Pennington. Never been to Blytheville to compare.
    Andy Cost

West lot alone doesn't seem like its big enough, Here is my car testing the course during the Viper event last year on the west lot. The course was very short, and unfortunately I don't have in-car video so can't really see the rough dip on the far side of the course.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

The South lot is better. Both lots are about the same square feet but the South lot is better layout. If we connect the two then I think we will be in the 45-60 second range.
    Andy Cost

I'm glad you didn't post a video of me driving the course in the Miata. It was link of like a bear riding a tricycle. I had to open the door to be able to push the clutch pedal. Made for some interesting downshifts. Brake, open door, push clutch, shift, let out clutch, gas, close door.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    The South lot is better. Both lots are about the same square feet but the South lot is better layout. If we connect the two then I think we will be in the 45-60 second range.
    Lets do

Quote Originally Posted by BigDmiata View Post
    West lot alone doesn't seem like its big enough, Here is my car testing the course during the Viper event last year on the west lot. The course was very short, and unfortunately I don't have in-car video so can't really see the rough dip on the far side of the course.
    Hey, that's me driving!

The dip at the north end of the lot seems a bit deeper than anything at LSP only because of how tight it gets at the end of this lot. But the big thing is that its way off camber there. Makes it fun

And connecting the lots is the only way I could see this being fairly enjoyable. The Viper club hot shoe was doing the course (used the entire west lot) in about 19 or 20 seconds. But if the lots are connected...that could be INSANELY fun but I'm sure the design would pose a challenge. I think going from the south lot with a small loop before you head to the west lot would be the most fun, but who knows. Lots of possibilities :)

Is it too early to ask for anyone for codrive?

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Is it too early to ask for anyone for codrive?
    I still owe you. Leilane (my wife) might be there, too, but as long as one of us drives in the opposite heat, then no prob. I will drive in the first heat, so either you or her (or both) need to drive in the second heat. Let me know if you're interested and I we'll hash out the heats at the venue.

And bring my tools.

We'll be there

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast