Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I entertain a wealthy client in Dallas?

Default How do I entertain a wealthy client in Dallas?

Ironic that I would ask this here, TCB HQ and all...My biggest account and most favorite customer is coming to town from Los Angeles in a couple of weeks for a convention and I will be there to see them. I'll be meeting up with the owner of the company, in addition to the customer service/purchasing reps that I deal with regularly. I don't know too many places to entertain in Dallas anymore and, quite frankly, am hoping that the owner will have other plans, cause I really don't know what to offer a guy who has his own fleet of helicopters. The other attendees (all women ) might appreciate something more authentically Texan. Kellers is not an option.

So anybody have any suggestions?

Spearmint Rhino.

[/thread]
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Spearmint Rhino.

[/thread]
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Spearmint Rhino.

[/thread]
    Pretty sure they've already seen that, and Applebees, in LA.

The Lodge.

Spearmint Rhino is pretty nasty actually.

Dinner - http://stephanpyles.com/
    Hotel for guest - http://www.thejouledallas.com/#index

What about private tour of Southfork?
    M3 is always the answer.

Thank you Ken o for the serious answer. I googled both those places, cuz I'm just that ignorant.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

What part of the Metroplex are you targeting? I'd highly recommend Roy's if North Dallas is in play (http://www.roysrestaurant.com/)

'Favorite Customer'? How well do you know him/them? Billy Bob's in Ft. worth is entertaining and definitely different than L.A.

I've had rave reviews doing goofy, off-the wall type stuff like rock climbing and even uber-cheesy Dave-and-Busters type places because I was different.

560 is another excellent restaurant, in Reunion Tower, now that Wolfgang Puck runs it. A little showy, but great asian fusion. http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaura...ne-dining/3917

Old Warsaw if you really want to go for that old school upscale vibe. www.oldwarsaw.com

For something totally unique, the McKinney Ave Trolley offers a private dinner served in a restored streetcar as it cruises Uptown. http://www.mata.org/celebrate.shtml

The trolley can be combined with a private tour of the DMA for someone who likes art. If there is something good at the DSO or the new Windspear Opera House that week, they are also very special for people who are fans of the arts.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

When someone comes to Texas, they think BBQ, tex-mex, and steak. If we are talking high end clients, you've got to go with steak in my mind. If it was me, I would take them to Al Biernat's or Pappas. I have actually planned a few corporate dinners in town and actually had the big boss demand I change our reservations to a steak house declaring "I'm in Texas, I want a steak".

As for The Lodge or Spearmint Rhino not being a serious answer, I have had a vendor take me to a high end gentleman's club in an attempt to win a contract. It is not as uncommon as you might think.

Hookers
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Call his secretary and ask her what he likes to do (not like that!) She may have some insight into stuff he'd like to do in Dallas.
    This is a good idea. Also ask her/him if they will be coming and what they would like to do/see. Brownie points.

Thanks, some really great and unique suggestions here! Trolley charter requires a two week advance booking so that's a squeaker but I'll check it out. Haven't eaten at Reunion Tower for years and did not know that Wolfgang Puck ran the show now, so that's a good idea. Titus, I'm thinking the same thing about "I'm in Texas and I want a steak" so I may wind up being Hank Hill for this event. Like I said, this is the owner of the company and then four or five of the women I deal with over the phone so it's kind of like trying to entertain Warran Buffett and his secretaries at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    this is the owner of the company and then four or five of the women I deal with over the phone
    Oh... Definitely the strip club then. Women dig strip clubs. Everytime I go, there's always a bunch of women there and they seem to be having a good time. They're always dancing but must work up a sweat because they don't wear much clothing.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

We sometimes take our guests to the gun range if they are up for it. Others want to visit a nudie bar but that is not my cup of tea. As others mentioned, BBQ, TexMex, and a good steak are a must for dinner plans.

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by gptwins View Post
    We sometimes take our guests to the gun range if they are up for it. Others want to visit a nudie bar but that is not my cup of tea. As others mentioned, BBQ, TexMex, and a good steak are a must for dinner plans.

I've never had someone from out of state disappointed with Cattleman's in the stockyards in Ft. Worth. It's just enough different from the run on the mill stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim m View Post
    I've never had someone from out of state disappointed with Cattleman's in the stockyards in Ft. Worth. It's just enough different from the run on the mill stuff.
    Walking into Cattlemans is like stepping back in to the 1947. I don't think they have changed the decor since then. H3 or Lonesome dove are IMHO much superior to Cattlemans. H3, has largish portions, but the menu is typical steak and such. Lonesome Dove, the portions are small and prices high, but the food is second to none and has lots of different kinds of foods from plain ol ribeye to elk and buffalo. Ideal night would be Friday or Saturday, eat then go to rodeo.

http://www.cattlemenssteakhouse.com/
    http://www.h3ranch.com/
    http://www.lonesomedovebistro.com
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

MiataProtege

Here's my two cents....

The Gaylord Texan? Would qualify as both the nice hotel and the nice restaurants. It's in Grapevine.

MiataProtege

It's basically a giant atrium. Beautifully structured, the food is fantastic, they appeal to both fancy types and every day types. I've been to both their magnificent sit down restaurants and their sports bars. It has all sorts of picture-worthy locations complete with a walk around that reminds me of the "Water walk" in austin (I believe it's called the water walk).
    Last edited by MiataProtege; 01-29-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast