Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NTAXS Autocross #1, 3/24/12, TMS Bus Lot

Looking forward to some racing sans-pistons (and sans torque)!
    Mark Wortham
    SS #197 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

McDonald what time?
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Driver

Great race today!!!! Good to see everyone again!!

That was some really fine driving today, Ashley! You really pushed me hard, and got me at the end. Well done!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    That was some really fine driving today, Ashley! You really pushed me hard, and got me at the end. Well done!
    Thanks alot mike!!! U raced a awesome race like u always do!! I just always try to hang with u guys and thats good enough for me, I just got lucky today that's all!!! Good racing!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Great event today! Beautiful weather and a tricky/challenging course. Kudos to all who participated.

PS
    We need to check if Bigsrturbo already did his LSx swap!

Nice win Bigsrturbo. I just could not put it together today. Looking at how some of the other Toyo drivers finished, I think the Toyos might like that dirt a little less than others. Even Ataim's Viper seemed to handle it better when I rode with him. Still, that was nice driving on your part.

BTW, Ataim, Leilane announced that she wants a Viper. It might be cheaper just to sell her to you rather than buy a Viper. Make an offer.

Great event today! The course was great other than the dirt.

Big thanks to Mark for the co-drive. Lots of fun to drive a NA again. It's been too long.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Great event today! Beautiful weather and a tricky/challenging course. Kudos to all who participated.

PS
    We need to check if Bigsrturbo already did his LSx swap!

Lol not till after summer! Although, marks built 1.8 is very enticing!! I have a 1.8 on a stand in the garage, so I might build that like marks and try that next season,

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Nice win Bigsrturbo. I just could not put it together today. Looking at how some of the other Toyo drivers finished, I think the Toyos might like that dirt a little less than others. Even Ataim's Viper seemed to handle it better when I rode with him. Still, that was nice driving on your part.

BTW, Ataim, Leilane announced that she wants a Viper. It might be cheaper just to sell her to you rather than buy a Viper. Make an offer.
    Thanks jerrett!!

So... from my vantage point working corner 2... the trick was to NOT DRIVE THROUGH THE DIRT. It was almost as if you had planned your line when you drew out the course and refused to give up on it when people cleaned off the "wrong" line as the morning progressed... Even in the afternoon when grip was way up, straying off the clean line on the southern edges of the course was met with strenuous penalty...

But... Fun course. I had a great time.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Awesome event! Great weather and great driving by many. You guys make me want a Miata now.

Here's my fastest run from the morning. Didn't get any video from the afternoon unfortunately.

Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Great job Ashley! Especially on tires that are a little used up too! Watching you run you were flying and your car looked so poised on the track. Class 1 was very competitive! Fantastic day!

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    Great job Ashley! Especially on tires that are a little used up too! Watching you run you were flying and your car looked so poised on the track. Class 1 was very competitive! Fantastic day!

Thanks brad!!! All u guys were flying! It was great racing as always, and I had a blast! Good to see u again!

Guys,
    Great event! Loved the course and would've loved to try the course in reverse (afternoon). Anyway, after some tuning and adjusting air, I was able to pull 1.18 g. Finally! Been trying for that for two years.

Thanks S2000 group for hosting. Let's do it again soon!

Paul
    '67 Shelby #23

Thanks for all of the comments, I had a really good time. Did better than I thought, knowing how loose the Bus Lot could be.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

As if everyone didn't already know it.... this just proves that Wortham is fast no matter what you put him in. He had never driven that car (or any other first gen 7) before the event on Sunday, much less autocrossed one.

What a hoot it was dusting off the cob webs and bringing out that car. It's been a long time since it's seen autocross duty, probably 6 years. We had a ton of fun - definitely different than the 'vette - but a ton of fun just the same. We've got some cool video to post, but they've all got to be edited first. I forgot to take the camera out of upside down mode so all our vids are inverted.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Looking at the results across the classes makes what Miatamoto and bigsrturbo ran even that much more impressive. A couple of NA miatas raw-timing the entire rest of the field, including a SC Lotus and an M3 and several prepped NC's on race tires. Great driving, guys!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast