Thread: Anyone interested in sport front brakes for cheap?

Default Anyone interested in sport front brakes for cheap?

Hello guys,
    I am planning on my rear sport brake swap and am inevitably getting all 4 calipers since no one seems to be willing to split them. However, I have no use of the front calipers/brackets as I already have the wilwood kit. Would any of you be interested in the front setup? I am only asking $60 for both caliper/brackets and maybe used pads if that was included. please let me know, thanks!

I'm interested.
    '92

Great! I will inform you when the package comes in. Please pm me your contact info for me to make a note. Thanks!

I got seconds if farphle backs out

i guess i'll be third...
    Nat A.

'97 Miata - garage project
    '02 Protege - DD

ok im backing out on on seconds i need to go buy brakes asap lol i looked today and im pretty much on metal

Sorry to hear that! I bought it from a ebay seller that have 100% feedback score so it should be here soon. But yeah, don't run metal to metal for any length of time.

I'm just glad i noticed before things got ugly. I put pads on today. I only had about a 1/16" of pad left. My front calipers were leaking to but after taking them apart and cleaning them they are fine now. Fresh fluid and a bleed, Now im back to having brakes!

Hello everyone, here is a update of the situation:
    I was refunded by the original seller as he made a mistake in inventory and did not have all the components in stock. I am going to be ordering from another seller with 100% feedback. according to him His kit will come with all 4 OEM brake rotors "in good condition", and has intact brake lines unlike from the last seller. Obviously this prompts a change in pricing.So in addition to the calipers/brackets and used pads, Whoever still interested in the deal will receive the 2 front rotors for $15 each(versus cheapest $50 each, no name replacement I found in NAPA), 2 OEM front flex lines(which you will need anyway, as the front sport brake lines are longer to compensate for being spaced out further from the hardline, as the result, reusing 1.8 lines can cause them to stretch at full steering lock , from my understanding.) from a '2003 for $5 each. You will also split the now significantly greater shipping cost($30 total) with me, for another $15 since you are basically receiving half of the package's content. This sums up to $115 to you, but I believe for the amount of extra you are to receive that's still a great deal. I do apologize about any inconvenience this might cause and you may feel free to back out if no longer interested. Thank you.

Yikes! I'm out. $60 I could do, but not almost double that.
    '92

I expected that. No hard feelings and thanks again for your initial interest.

I'll pass for now as well. I don't really need it.
    Nat A.

'97 Miata - garage project
    '02 Protege - DD

Wow. Really? I can't believe people aren't jumping at this. $115 is a steal, I paid $250 for just the calipers and brackets. The difference between the 1.8 "big brakes" and the Sport brakes is AMAZING. I have done all 3 iterations on my 1.6l (stock, 1.8, Sports) and even with OEM pads the Sports were far better than 1.8 brakes with all kinds of different pad compounds.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

I'm interested. email me at pandaboy50 @ gmail.com

if pandaboy dosn't take them i will, cash in hand!
    http://i49.tinypic.com/4kvfc.jpg
    Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races - Carroll Shelby
    Mods
    FM front shock tower brace, OMP wheel, BBS Wheels, RZ ralco short throw shifter, Jackson Racing header, Racingbeat muffler.

Thanks Nathan for the support, also Thanks to both pandaboy50 and foreverzero89 for your renewed interest. I ordered them on Thurs and got a Tracking # today, they should be here early next week. If both of you will pm me your contact info so I can give you a hollar when the time comes, that will also be much appreciated.

I test bled my brakes and found dreaded air bubbles coming from the rear AGAIN. Grrr. Took both rear calipers out and discovered they were both leaking fluid from the seal and the pistons are somewhat rusted. No wonder bleeding them has been futile. Gladly I shall be swapping them soon.(finger crossed)

Guys the brakes are here. They didn't come with lines(bummer) so the price is $100 even. I am currently busy right now but will send you 2 a pm later.