Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watuga Miata

Default Watuga Miata

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...00&model=MIATA

Anyone live near this dealer or know anything about this car? I think the price is a little high, because of the high milage, and the paint seems to not match on the nose. (crash victim?)
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

It is a late enough 91 to not have the crank problem
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Must have a new motor for that price! There's a white one for sale on the way to work in Garland. If I remember, I'll stop in a take a look...see if its worth looking into.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    the paint seems to not match on the nose.
    Could be.

Or it could be like my '91 where the paint faded unevenly between the aluminium hood, steel fenders, and plastic front end...

That place is just down the street from the Palatial POS Estate on Hwy. 377.

The car been sitting on the lot for a while, one of my neighbors (former multiple Miata owner now RX8 owner) looked at it and said it was a turd. You want me to go take a peek at it??

BTW. Are you going to College in the Fall blackzx3_13?

I know that the white on the early miata would not stick goo to the primer that they where using. I'm not sure what year they change the primer, but thay may have repainted the portions of the body that need it. If you see a picture of my white car the rear has some paing flaking off of it. Its a Known problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

If you would like to take a look, I would appreciate it. Yes I wil be attending the local junior college in the fall. Im almost done there, I was planning a move to lubbock to attend Tech with my sister but my hospital bills kinda ruined that. Thanks for all the help.

that car is just down the street from my office.. they also have a silver 99 marked at $8,900 on teh window. (or did last weekend)

FWIW, I've stopped in there before and I have *never* been impressed by what they have had. Generally they want some outrageous price for a car that has some fairly major imprefections.

They do however often carry some rare ane unique cars, and then price them sky high. ONe of the salesman actually backed up his decision to price an 85 Celica GT-S at $8500 because "They'e gone up that high on ebay" ANd he wouldn't even budge!

Same basic story when a coworker was looking at an 85 911 they had on the lot.. Looked decent, wanted about 2X what it was worth and wouldn't budge.

It could be a decent car, but check it over well, because I wouldn't exactly "reccomend" that dealership.

edit - They *still* have that Celica.. it's now at $7500. And this was at least 3 months ago I saw it the 1st time..
    http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/vi...r_id=181226896
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Is the body on this car straight???
    Normally when my buddy uses the phrase "Turd" in the description it's not a Pebble Beach Concourse car. I'll try and look at it today or tommarow. This car has been sitting up on the lot for at least 90 days.

blackzx3_13 do realize the early NA's are not going to run and drive the same as the bling bling autocross prepared 2001 Miata that you have co-driving.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    blackzx3_13 do realize the early NA's are not going to run and drive the same as the bling bling autocross prepared 2001 Miata that you have co-driving.
    Yes I do, but Im just a poor college student whose dad offered to help him out if he found the right deal, One day I will have some true bling of my own. until then I just might have to be the youngest TCB member

If I were looking to buy an older NA right now, i'd be trying to buy Sammm's old car that's in the classifieds. That one was pretty, low mileage, and in strong running shape. Considering the current owner is only asking about a grand more than this "turd" for a car with 140,000 less miles (and a better known history), I'd say it's a bargain.

Like General Default once said, "There's Cheap Bastard, and there's Stupid Bastard." Don't be a Stupid Bastard by paying a little less money for a lot less car.

Beside, Sammm's old car made like twenty horsepower more than the POS Racer did on the dyno...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    If i were looking to buy an older NA right now, i'd be trying to buy Sammm's old car that's in the classifieds. That one was pretty, low mileage, and in strong running shape.

Beside, it made like twenty horsepower more than the POS Racer did on the dyno...

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Beside, Sammm's old car made like twenty horsepower more than the POS Racer did on the dyno...
    Hey now! It was rigged I tells ya!

BTW. I'd let the POS go for $3,900!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Hey now! It was rigged I tells ya!

BTW. I'd let the POS go for $3,900!
    That works out to less than $45 per horse!! A steal if you ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    That works out to less than $45 per horse!! A steal if you ask me!
    Plus as an added bonus you get a stylish set of BBS wheels! :grin:

That sounds awsome. I need to chat with my father. POS can you pm me with some details? Thanks

and my offer wasnt quite high enough for sammms old car , besides I like black cars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast