Thread: Affordable place to live within driving distance of UT Dallas?

Default Affordable place to live within driving distance of UT Dallas?

My situation has changed recently and I need to move very soon.. Just wondering if anyone knows of any apartments in the area, or places that should be avoided.

Thanks.

Bedford? Boring, but a good price and price.

Driver

My brother lived at the apartments at alma and plano parkway for a while. They were cheap.

Depends on where else in the metro mess you need to be. I lived @ Park/Preston when I was in school, but it was more expensive (I worked full time).

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

To paraphrase Steven Wright, anywhere is driving distance if you have the time.

I had a pleasant little 1/1 in the Camelot complex (Rockingham @ Hampshire) that was $310/mo. (In 1990.)

had a prof that lived in an apt in irving that went to uta.
    my bro lived in firewheel. it wasnt bad, but definatly an apt.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

How about a van down by the river?

'94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

There are a bunch of apartments off of McCallum and Coit that were fairly reasonable about 10 years ago.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I checked out bedford, it does look pretty affordable, but its a bit too far. I'm looking into some of the others now.

If anyone knows places with cheap furniture that would help, too, since I basically just have a desk chair and a tv..

Driver

My neighbor is giving away a couch. You haul and it's yours.

I've got a coffee table you can have if you come get it.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    I've got a coffee table you can have if you come get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    My neighbor is giving away a couch. You haul and it's yours.
    I really appreciate it - as soon as I find a place I'll get in touch with you and try to figure out how to move things.

Define within driving distance and affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Define within driving distance and affordable.
    ~25 minutes, and $650 is looking like the max, unless I'm missing something in my budget.. I should have said that to start.

When I lived in Richardson, some complexes offered discounts to UTD students with valid ID. You should call around.

My Richardson apartment was not the cheap one, but there are a few complexes in the PGBT-Renner Waterview-75 area. UTD shuttles offer free transit from this area to campus on 15 minute intervals. This may (slightly) offset rent prices by not having to buy gas and parking permits.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Every single apartment I lived in looked great on the tour but turned out to be ghetto after moving in, so I have nothing to contribute...

But I have a cat and / or a couple dogs you can have. Just come and pick them up :)
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by boisking View Post
    When I lived in Richardson, some complexes offered discounts to UTD students with valid ID. You should call around.

My Richardson apartment was not the cheap one, but there are a few complexes in the PGBT-Renner Waterview-75 area. UTD shuttles offer free transit from this area to campus on 15 minute intervals. This may (slightly) offset rent prices by not having to buy gas and parking permits.
    I will have to keep an eye out for the discounts, and check out those areas - thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi View Post
    Every single apartment I lived in looked great on the tour but turned out to be ghetto after moving in, so I have nothing to contribute...

But I have a cat and / or a couple dogs you can have. Just come and pick them up :)
    That's what I'm afraid of. And I may or may not have 2 cats when I move, so I will have to pass on the pet offers, lol..

Got a room for rent in a 3BR house at Shiloh and Miller in Garland if interested. $400 plus one third utilities. House is furnished but bedroom isn't. I may be able to provide a bed. NO PETS and NO SMOKING. PM me for details.