Thread: at&t stuff

Default at&t stuff

Saw an add for u-verse on the forum and thought to let you guys know that if you are ever interested in u-verse or maybe something for your at&t phone let me know.

Strider
    '94 Miata "M Edition" - sold
    '99 Miata w/td05

I am interested in U-verse, but it seems to be unavailable on my side of Hampton Rd, even though the other side gets it. I suppose the roll-out is a little slower on the "Democrat" side of town??
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

FiOS FTW.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

If my accounting lady wasn't so lazy I'd switch to U-Verse in a heartbeat. But she doesn't want to do the paper work (but she'll pay AT&T for my landline and Charter for the internet), so I'm stuck until I have to find a new job. Which may or may not be fairly soon..so we might be talking this summer.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Saw an add for u-verse on the forum and thought to let you guys know that if you are ever interested in u-verse or maybe something for your at&t phone let me know.

Strider
    What's your connection? PM me with u-verse info and details if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I am interested in U-verse, but it seems to be unavailable on my side of Hampton Rd, even though the other side gets it. I suppose the roll-out is a little slower on the "Democrat" side of town??
    I have seen that happen a lot. There should be a main box in your neighborhood that is probably behind the houses across the street and your side is just too far to get a strong enough signal for it. Give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    What's your connection? PM me with u-verse info and details if you'd like.
    Sorry, I work for an at&t dealer in south grand prairie.
    '94 Miata "M Edition" - sold
    '99 Miata w/td05

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    I have seen that happen a lot. There should be a main box in your neighborhood that is probably behind the houses across the street and your side is just too far to get a strong enough signal for it. Give it time.
    or hes just out of a different box that hasn't been set up for it yet.

i used to work as a splicer for att when they were first conditioning neighborhoods for this is how i know so much, lol.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/4kvfc.jpg
    Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races - Carroll Shelby
    Mods
    FM front shock tower brace, OMP wheel, BBS Wheels, RZ ralco short throw shifter, Jackson Racing header, Racingbeat muffler.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    If my accounting lady wasn't so lazy I'd switch to U-Verse in a heartbeat. But she doesn't want to do the paper work (but she'll pay AT&T for my landline and Charter for the internet), so I'm stuck until I have to find a new job. Which may or may not be fairly soon..so we might be talking this summer.
    My girlfriend was in a similar situation until she just recently signed us up for the triple play package and now she just expenses the phone and internet portion.

My work pays the companies directly since it was taking nearly two months for me to get expense checks when I would pay them myself. So I had them put it on auto-pay on their card. They won't/can't direct deposit expense checks (apparently it would get taxed as extra income, so would get taxed something crazy like our commission checks were for almost a year), so it would take me another month or so to get to a BoA (nearest one is about 30 minutes from us, and completely out of the way of anything)...which of course means I would risk having them expire before I could get them in the bank. But either way, looks like the start of June I will be job hunting anyway.

Man that sounds like a pain in the ass. Do you work for a really big company or something? Yeah I guess if your going to be looking for a new job anyway theres really no point in trying to change now. What are you going to be looking for, do you know? Like the same kind of work just some other company? Hopefully its somewhere where you don't have to deal with that crap with accounting. lol

Our US headquarters is in Florida, but the company was started in the UK back in the late 70s. When I started there were 15 of us in the US, including the shipping/receiving people and all that. We got up to around 50 at one point, then cleaned house down to 30 or so. Right now I'd say we're at 30 people that work out of the FL office (including the 5 or 6 of us remote workers), and 6 or 7 in our new New Hampshire warehouse. I have no idea about the UK office, but I want to say they have nearly 200 if you count all their remote offices/workers all over Europe. But we're really not considered "part" of them at all anymore, just by name and the board of directors - everything else we're completely independent, which is why our insurance sucks (tiny company).

I wish I wouldn't be looking for anything until I'm done with school, but my work will no longer humor me on my school schedule. I have to use all my sick and vacation days this semester so I can take Mondays off for classes. But starting this summer, all my classes are in the dead middle of the day, so working as closely as I need to be a regular 9-5 won't work. I signed a 90 day no-compete when I signed with my current company, so I'd have to lie low if I move to another telecomm sales job for 3 months (or go back to being a tech or something not in sales). Right now my best prospect is a friend that is a bar tender at the DFW airport - he's seeing what he can do to get me in there. Otherwise it's Home Depot or something retail that I can hopefully get into some form of management again so I'm not taking such a huge hit on income. So if you have suggestions on anything that works around a changing school schedule (I'm fine with nights and weekends), I'm all ears. Ideally a start in the mechanical engineering field would be awesome, but I've still got a good bit of school left so I'm not sure how that'd work out. Oh, and I'm pretty far from the major cities, so that doesn't help either.

That's pretty cool, a nice sized company. That sucks that they don't want to work with you on school. I don't blame you for wanting to leave. You'd think that would be somethng that they would encourage you to do instead of limiting you to doing. I'm probably not the guy to be asking about that. I'm just tossing pies and delivering while I go to art school. My grlfriend is in marketing and I could ask her if she knows of anything. A 90 day no compete thing would probably go by pretty fast I guess. What kind of kind of management experiense do you have? Let me know and I'll see if she knows of anything.

Retail management: Assistant manager at Foot Locker at the age of 17 for about 5 years. Assistant manager at STS (a large tire/service shop chain in NJ) for close to 5 years. Was a project manager for Pearson (the textbook publisher) for about a month when I first moved out here. Only left because my current company made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Those are the only jobs that had "management" in the title that actually mean some kind of management (i.e. I'm currently a global account manager, but it's just sales), but in just about every place I've ever worked I either started with people working directly under me, or I quickly moved into a position where there were, regardless of title.

Hey Rob. Sorry for getting back to you so late. I asked around but didn't have any luck. My gf tried pulling some favers at work. Anything that she could find she said that you sounded either over-qualified for or under-qualified for. There was a management kind of position opening up in a couple weeks but she said that you would have needed more higher level experiance for. I'll keep trying to ask around for you tho. That's pretty cool that you are a global account manager. It must be neat getting to work with people from around the world.

GFLS

Thanks for looking! I appreciate it. And no, working with people all over the world sucks mostly. I don't get to travel to meet any of them, so I just have to deal with the issues that occur when dealing with non-English speakers 14+ hours away. Luckily a lot of the stuff doesn't work in other countries (namely wireless stuff), so I don't have to deal with it too much. But it's not nearly as glorious as it sounds.

No problem Rob. I see what you mean about it being the opposit of what I thought it would be. Good luck, I hope you find something soon. With what you've got under your belt it sounds like you will have a lot of options. But I'll let you know if my gf comes across anything.