Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help on finding a Miata

Default Help on finding a Miata

Well I am still in search of a miata so i figured I would make a thread and see if i can get some opinions and what to look for on my potential buys. Once I finally find a car I will post pics on here.

I really like this one but it makes me nervous only being boosted 1000 miles now he is selling it

dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cto/2872908799.html

A namebrand supercharger setup like that is nothing to worry about. It's the home-brewed turbo setups that you should be extra cautious about.

lol well just my luck i was texting him earlier to meet up then no text.... then he text back and said he just sold it. So the search continues.

Found a car today! not the prettiest but i picked it up for $2200. I have about another 2200 for parts. I think the first i will buy is coilovers( any recommendations on what to get?) and some different 15 " rims and tires so i will be selling the 16" rims on it. I found a miata in crowley for $400 that i may go look at for a parts car. i will post pics later

I will also be selling the amp and sub that are in the car

Good deal! Just needs some sope and water. LoL What year and how many miles?
    '94 Miata "M Edition" - sold
    '99 Miata w/td05

Thanks! the car is a 91, Same year i was born! it has 186xxx miles. It runs great. it will need a little body work, looks like hail dings on hood (good thing my neighbor owns a body shop). I just got done waxing it, came out alright. The top doesnt leak, and has the glass back window but looks raggy on the inside so i may replace it.

Not a bad little buy, once you go mx5 you never go back!

If you get a new top I'll take your old one. Mine is falling apart and will not be able to buy a new one till end of summer. Have warrants to pay off.
    '94 Miata "M Edition" - sold
    '99 Miata w/td05

well see on the top if i have money left over. I have decided on bc coilovers. Now just to decide on rims. either 15x7 or 15x8, and i would like some good offset

ordered my wheels. konig 15x8 +25 offset with nitto tires.

Not wasting anytime are you? Congrats on the new ride.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Thank you. lol yeah i started ordering stuff pretty quick. once my current rims sell i will be ordering suspension for it.

Have you looked at the VMaxx coilovers from Flyin' Miata? I've heard very good things about them, and they're pretty reasonably priced. I don't know anything about the BC's for Miata's, but I know when I had my Subarus, they were kind of frowned on.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?dept=12

Also, congrats on the new purchase!!

Nice find! Looks like your top's not going down all the way with that glass window, so you'll probably need to go with a plastic window this time around (sorry).
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by p4R4d0x View Post
    Have you looked at the VMaxx coilovers from Flyin' Miata? I've heard very good things about them, and they're pretty reasonably priced. I don't know anything about the BC's for Miata's, but I know when I had my Subarus, they were kind of frowned on.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?dept=12

Also, congrats on the new purchase!!
    thanks for the link. I have been looking around at coilovers. im trying to keep it under $1000. I have read good about bc's on the miata. I was also looking at ksports but have heard they tend to leak.

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Nice find! Looks like your top's not going down all the way with that glass window, so you'll probably need to go with a plastic window this time around (sorry).
    yeah i was thinking i was going to have to go plastic. Also after doing research it looks like an ebay rollbar so eventually i would like to upgrade to a hard dog

Quote Originally Posted by lawmaster891 View Post
    Thanks! the car is a 91, Same year i was born! it has 186xxx miles. It runs great. it will need a little body work, looks like hail dings on hood (good thing my neighbor owns a body shop). I just got done waxing it, came out alright. The top doesnt leak, and has the glass back window but looks raggy on the inside so i may replace it.
    Did that make anyone other than me feel old?
    If you're addicted to cold turkey how do you stop?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

MiataProtege

I like the little box in the footwell..... Would be cool to have some sort of... fridge instead of a sub there. Or something more practical that I currently can't think of.

Details on the sub and amp? I'm looking for something just to add a bit of bass to my truck. Was thinking an 8" would be perfect, but a used and cheap 10 or 12 or whatever that is and amp makes me smile a bit more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast