Thread: For Rent: Crank bolt tool

Default For Rent: Crank bolt tool

I ordered the FM miata crank tool kit, (http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?...umber=35-69000) to complete my big nosed crank loctite keyway repair. They forgot to mention its on backorder, and nobodys answering phones to give me an idea how soon I can get it.
    I already have the cams "locked" with the two crescent wrenches and locking pliers.

Anybody have a timing cog holding tool I can borrow?

Have you tried to remove it without the tool yet? Put the car in 5th gear, rear wheels on the ground, e-brake up. Your strength determines the size of the breaker bar you'd need (I'm not very, and I get by with my 2' long one).

I have a crank bolt tool, but be aware that I live in BFE (almost 30 minutes east of Plano).

I might have one made by tmr out of alum. Flat bar & lent a hand bc i also have lil wobble on my 99 crank pulley.
    04 mazdaspeed, HDSD

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    Have you tried to remove it without the tool yet? Put the car in 5th gear, rear wheels on the ground, e-brake up. Your strength determines the size of the breaker bar you'd need (I'm not very, and I get by with my 2' long one).
    Am actually putting it back on. I actually used that method th break it loose but putting back is a different affair, hence the FM tool kits fore sale or some that have fabbed their own,

if I dont have any better prospects by this weekend, I may take ur offer, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    Am actually putting it back on. I actually used that method th break it loose but putting back is a different affair, hence the FM tool kits fore sale or some that have fabbed their own,
    Ah, didn't know you were putting it back on. But still, the tool is not needed. Helpful, yes, but I've never had an issue torquing it down with all the plugs in place and the car in 5th gear. Unless someone very local to you has one (which I know you are trying to locate), you would have it back together sooner than you'd have the tool in hand.

I have the FM tool in Plano, your welcome to borrow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarmike View Post
    I have the FM tool in Plano, your welcome to borrow it.
    Thanks! I tried to PM you but you were offline. Can you call/text me when I can pick it up tomorrow. Thanks again.

this would help 817-7144289 Wes