Thread: Flying to South Carolina/BR Performance to get my car tomorr

Default Flying to South Carolina/BR Performance to get my car tomorr

Well I am off tomorrow evening to get my red car back from BR Performance, I am a little nervous.... I think it will be a good deal. A buddy of mine is flying to Atlanta with me and we are renting a car to get to BRP (its 140miles down the road). It was cheaper to pay for two tickets to Atlanta and renting a car then one ticket to Greenville SC. So I will have someone to co-drive and talk with, so that will be nice.

Chris

Sweet! Make sure to let us know how the car turns out!

Drive safe, and let us know when you get back!

Chuck

Bring it by the Dog House when you get back, we would like to take a good look at it since Brant wants us to make an intercooler for it.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

mmm
    so where is the oil feeding from the engine? im curious, as 96+ dont have the thing in the block.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

I remember this system on Jame's car. Lots of room for improvement. Drove it at the Gap. Keep an eye on that oil filter on your valve cover as it will clog in no time flat. We sell and use catch tanks which mount on the fender for this reason. Sometime soon, if you are interested we can develop an I/C system for this turbo.

In the mean time, if you don't have gauges, get some soon as you need to monitor your intake temperature so you will know when to take it easy and let the intake temperatures drop back down. As a rule we see about a 10 HP loose for every 35F degree rise in temperature. So when the air intering the intake goes from 110F to 145F you are loosing power at the same time you are spooling up.

This is a great little system to start from. I thought it had great spool up, giving it a good linear feel. It felt more like a M45 supercharger than a turbo. Since you do not have an intercooler we should look seriously at moving the turbo intake filter away from the header. This will require a new design in piping, but what goes in is what goes.

Just a thought. Enjoy.

Gary
    www.trackdogracing.com

Looks purdy!

What turbo is that?

Chris

Hey Chris,

If I remember right it is a 2.5 turbo.

Gary
    www.trackdogracing.com

It is a Garrett GT25R, and thanks for the comments and input.

Gary, I can bring the car by on a Saturday or in the evening as I have a M-F 7.30-4.30 job, so you can take a gander and take measurements etc.

I really like the turbo, pulls strong.

Threebean and Tailchaser both got some time behind the wheel, maybe they will share their thoughts..

Chris

That sounds good, stop by anytime on Saturday. Call me on my cell when you are heading over at 214-280-6172.

Gary
    www.trackdogracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    mmm
    so where is the oil feeding from the engine? im curious, as 96+ dont have the thing in the block.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

??? I will tell you when I find out.