Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #4 May 6th, 2012

Default Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #4 May 6th, 2012

The first event at WMM was a resounding success. We had good feedback about the grid layout and a few other changes that need to be made. We will be back out there on May 6th for Challenge Cup #4. You can get more details on our website at www.autocross.com/er

Thanks,
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

I will be there, if only to see if I can pick on the course enough to make McShane cry.

If Piper hasn't made him cry yet then I don't think it is possible.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    If Piper hasn't made him cry yet then I don't think it is possible.
    He does cry, in the restroom stall where he feels safe from the mean people. If you approach quietly, you can hear his light sobs. It's quite sad, really. Poor little Mikey.

That's actually KenO you hear sobbing, but its a good hurt.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Bite down Mikey
    Last edited by ken o; 05-01-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    M3 is always the answer.

oh my.......even I am embarrassed.

Course Map:
    ER 4 2012.jpg
    Polished Turd Racing

Looks like a fun course.

I agree, looks like lots of go pedal!

In the event of severe graveling, can we sweep it between heats or is that a no-no because of how Rapide PAX works?

I'm going to make 23 runs on the course before the drivers meeting. During the drivers meeting I have lured a sucker... I mean a volunteer for the setup crew...to sweep the course. To keep things fair for the competition I will limit my regular runs to 4 and my PAX runs to 2. Actually, Most everyone's times got faster as the day went regardless of the gravel. I don't think the gravel effected the competitiveness of the course, it just influenced folks to run on the clean line.
    Andy Cost

Actually, Most everyone's times got faster as the day went regardless of the gravel. I don't think the gravel effected the competitiveness of the course, it just influenced folks to run on the clean line.
    People that run in the afternoon can cry me a river. The AM people have to deal with cooler temps, cooler pavement, and no rubber buildup. The PM people are almost always faster, so running in the AM presents its own competitive issues. The reality is that unless you make two separate PAX challenges, the PAX runs will never be fair. Get over it.

Here we go again....
    Andy Cost

I'm going to make 23 runs on the course before the drivers meeting. During the drivers meeting I have lured a sucker... I mean a volunteer for the setup crew...to sweep the course.
    You monster.

Oh wait, that sucker is me.

Here we go again....
    Sorry, Andy. That was not meant as a slam against ER. Just any complainers. I'm just there to drive. If I win some PAX money, then it's Olive Garden for dinner. If not, the two runs were worth $10, anyway.

So where do you go to dinner when you don't finish in the PAX money??
    Polished Turd Racing

I think you are misunderstanding BMcCann question. He just wants to know if it’s OK to sweep between heats or if the guys in the first heat would get mad because they had gravel and the second heat cars had a cleaner course.

I don’t think we have enough time between heats to make much of a difference unless people are willing to extend the event a hour to sweep the course. Guys running in the second heat may be OK with that, but I don’t think the guys in the first heat would be happy waiting around when they would not get to run on the cleaner course.

If people don’t mind spending all day at the event we could do 4 runs each in the morning then break for lunch/course sweep then 4 runs for everyone after lunch. (I will not be the one sweeping the course) This sounds good but it means spending ALL day at the site. I would be happy getting home early or getting more runs it would not make much difference to me.

I am looking forward to the event even if it has a little gravel on course. I am really happy to have another site to run on. It may take a few events to figure out how to put a good course on it, but I think it will be a good site.

None of our sites are perfect they all have their good and bad points. We are still lucky to have so many good sites in the area.

Online registration closes tomorrow night. On-site registration is available, if you roll like that.
    Polished Turd Racing

I would like to sleep in on Sunday. Since ER is an open run group club is it ok if I show up for noon make all my runs and option not to work?
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    I would like to sleep in on Sunday. Since ER is an open run group club is it ok if I show up for noon make all my runs and option not to work?
    Sure. We will just use your car for novice instruction in lieu of a work assignment.
    Polished Turd Racing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast