Thread: Blytheville ProSolo & National Tour - who's going?

Default Blytheville ProSolo & National Tour - who's going?

I've paid for both and plan to make this trip. It's June 8-11...I hope to be traveling there early Thursday, returning Monday night/Tuesday morning. I've never been to this site, but I see a few of you are registered...

Its a lot like College Station, IMHO. Huge site on a concrete airstrip. Good grip. My one Tour there had a course that was VERY HP-friendly. Get a good hotel reservation early. Its a fun little town, but not huge and some motels are a lot nicer than others. The drive is one that kinda seems to last forever, even though it can easily be done in one day. If it were a few hours closer I'd be really enthusiastic about it. As it is, I'd almost rather just go to Lincoln.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

We're headed west. Mrs. Cone and I are going to the "Party on the Patio with Jim Hall" at the Petroleum Museum in Midland. I don't want to pass up a change to meet the legend himself. Jim Hall will be driving the Chaparral 2J, the sucker car, before the BBQ.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

I might give BSP a shot. But it is the same weekend as NASA at Hallett.

Is it June 8-9 Pro, 10-11 Tour?
    Last edited by ken o; 05-01-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    M3 is always the answer.

I think I might go. Anyone have any hotel recommendations - especially where not to stay?

Jon and I will be there for both. Arkansas puts on excellent events. And the site is 3rd IMHO only to Nats and A&M.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by slates View Post
    I think I might go. Anyone have any hotel recommendations - especially where not to stay?
    Comfort inn and use the scca discount code
    M3 is always the answer.

Hotels in Bville tend to be above average in price and below average in quality compared to their respective national chains. I would recommend paying a few bucks more when you stay there. I would recommend the Hampton or the Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn is the newest hotel in Bville and for breakfast there they give you get a voucher for the attached Perkins restaurant which is a nice way to start the day. Definitely don't stay at the Fairview Suites. It is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

The city itself is pretty small but really wants to keep SCCA coming back and it really shows. The events there are always well run and they usually schedule a car show/fair/carnival/concert just outside the event site at the same time. If you are the kind of person that brings their family to events this is a good one to go because of that.

The site is pretty big, but it is long and relatively narrow. Tour courses tend to be similar from year to year, and pro solo courses tend to be very transitional. I think the surface is actually an asphalt with small/medium aggregate, in my opinion it is medium grip at/below the limit but low past the limit. Our setup there is closest to our Mineral Wells setup of the local sites. In addition I would highly recommend using new tires there, especially if it is your first time at the site.