Thread: Street car challenge at Eagles Canyon Saturday

Default Street car challenge at Eagles Canyon Saturday

The Optima battery Street Car challenge heads to Eagle Canyon raceway Saturday 6/9. The autocross portion was held today at the Hot Rod Power Tour. There were some pretty stout cars constrained by the tight autocross course. It'll be interesting to see them open up on the faster race course. A bunch of built LSX cars, a Lambo and a crazy 33 Ford. Starts at 10am and goes to about 4. Spectators welcome!
    Last edited by ptech; 06-09-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Damn, wish I'd known about this, I think the NC would've done ok.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I think the treadwear rating minimum was 200.
    M3 is always the answer.

Oh I would have liked to go too
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

I was out there supporting Terry in the Vorshlag Mustang. He took first in the autocross and third overall. Pretty happy with that result as we didn't know how half the events were scored.

Who beat him at ECR on the track, or what beat him? I'da figured him to win if Ken wasn't in it.

The LG Motorsports ZR1 set a 1:59 at ECT. The Lingenfelter 5th gen Camaro pulled off a single 2:03 but never got close to it again and was eventually barred from the track for blowing oil out of the trans. Terry ran a fastest 2:03.9 and a lot of 2:04 flyers. The winner of the entire event was the Evolution Dynamics Evo. They placed fairly high in the autocross and won the quickstop (gymkhana) outright. They were about sixth fastest on the track. That got them enough points to squeak into the lead.

There were some points for Technical Inspection, but having a third best time on the track and best autocrosser that is built so that your wife can also daily drive it with the AC and stereo going doesn't count for much. More custom fab and over-the-top modifications wins those points.

Those are impressive times especially on Star Specs. But with those many straights I guess a 700+ hp car could make up corner speed with them. Congrats to you and Terry. I'd still rather have his Mustang over the Camaro or Vette.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Those are impressive times especially on Star Specs. But with those many straights I guess a 700+ hp car could make up corner speed with them. Congrats to you and Terry. I'd still rather have his Mustang over the Camaro or Vette.
    LG car was on Michelin Pilot Sports (old ones not the new super sport). They also put a larger pulley on it to detune the power down a bit. Congrats to Terry and Louis.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car