Thread: Any real estate friends in Tucson?

Default Any real estate friends in Tucson?

It's a long shot, but I figure I'll ask - got any real estate friends in Tucson, Arizona? I'm looking to rent a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house in or around Safford, Arizona for six months starting in mid-September. I will be using it as a "home base" for field testing in conjunction with the project I'm working on. Know anyone who could help me out?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I just saw a commercial the other day about a web-site for finding homes for rent, but I forget the name.

The other option is to call a local relator here that also has an office in AZ.

Craigslist...........

Why not work a deal with a local hotel for a long term deal on 3 rooms?? You know they would cut a deal for a six moth deal. My sister in law did that when she was a traveling nurse. Someone cleaned the room and she got free breakfast for the duration of the stay.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Why not work a deal with a local hotel for a long term deal on 3 rooms?? You know they would cut a deal for a six moth deal. My sister in law did that when she was a traveling nurse. Someone cleaned the room and she got free breakfast for the duration of the stay.
    $80/night * 30 nights/month = $2400/month

Even if I get a 50% discount off that price I'm still at $1200/month, and I've got nowhere to store tools and parts. Plus my cost goes up when I have more than one person in town (which will be frequently), hoping that I can find them accomodations in the same hotel.

Meals aren't an issue. There's a canteen at the minesite.

All in all because of the nature of the work, it would be more convenient to find a furnished rent house to use for the duration. It's a long shot, but that's why I'm looking!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw