Thread: Top 100 NTTA Toll Violators

Default Top 100 NTTA Toll Violators

Here's the list of the top 100 violators...and none of them are in the hole for less than $75K!

https://www.ntta.org/custinfo/BIllin...Violators.aspx

Hmm. I used to work with one person that that list.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

I had $7,000 in fines once because the NTTA decided my car registered as "blue" didn't match the rattle-can white car I drive today, so they racked-up several hundred dollars in fines, compounded those fines on some schedule, then finally called me one year later and really thought I was going to give them $6k. I had the toll fees reduced to $300 which was the real-toll cost for each time I went through at my standard rate. This is probably just as much of a racket as what I experienced.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Amber Young has $180k in fines.
    The average gate is $1.25 so that's 144,000 gate runs
    Let's say she lives in Frisco and works in Downtown Dallas, so thats 5 Gates, twice per day, making 14,400 days of gate running
    Divide that by 365 to pretend she works a seven day week and we have 39+ years of gate running.

How much of that bill is "bullshit fines"?

My neighbor had 20K, he opened a toll tag account and they dropped it to 11 or something and he just paid it all at once....ouch!
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    Amber Young has $180k in fines.
    The average gate is $1.25 so that's 144,000 gate runs
    Let's say she lives in Frisco and works in Downtown Dallas, so thats 5 Gates, twice per day, making 14,400 days of gate running
    Divide that by 365 to pretend she works a seven day week and we have 39+ years of gate running.

How much of that bill is "bullshit fines"?
    All in all the NTTA is pretty bad a keeping track of license plates. I've sold cars that the new owner registered into their name and i was still getting toll violations for it. Had to call them and tell them that I no longer own the car and stop sending me the fines. I've also sold cars that the new owner didn't register and got fines for it as well.

If one of your license plates numbers or letters are covered up, they can't record the data. don't tell anyone though.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    All in all the NTTA is pretty bad a keeping track of license plates. I've sold cars that the new owner registered into their name and i was still getting toll violations for it. Had to call them and tell them that I no longer own the car and stop sending me the fines. I've also sold cars that the new owner didn't register and got fines for it as well.

If one of your license plates numbers or letters are covered up, they can't record the data. don't tell anyone though.
    I can't think of a good way to block just one of the numbers without getting pulled over.

You should fill out a form online when you sell a car. It has spots for info of the buyer etc so any tickets etc go to the new owner. Also I usually scrape the registration sticker off the windshield and keep the plates when I sell a car so they have to go register it. You can print them a temp plate that's good for a week or so before they go register it.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    You should fill out a form online when you sell a car. It has spots for info of the buyer etc so any tickets etc go to the new owner.
    NTTA doesn't care about that. They have a separate form that you have to FAX in... I kept trying and finally gave up cause it never went through.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I can't think of a good way to block just one of the numbers without getting pulled over.

You should fill out a form online when you sell a car. It has spots for info of the buyer etc so any tickets etc go to the new owner. Also I usually scrape the registration sticker off the windshield and keep the plates when I sell a car so they have to go register it. You can print them a temp plate that's good for a week or so before they go register it.
    It happened a few years ago. I keep plates when I sell cars, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    NTTA doesn't care about that. They have a separate form that you have to FAX in... I kept trying and finally gave up cause it never went through.
    Yep. i had to call them explain that I sold it and they needed to take the charges off. They researched it, removed the charges and apologized.

For the last few cars I've had, I call NTTA and tell them that i sold it and take it off my account and out of my name. So far it's been ok.

It says Amber Young has 8 or 9 thousand toll events, so that might give you a better idea of how much is bullshit fines. The sad thing is that everyone knows the fines are never enforced if you pay the tolls, so why bother? If they actually forced some douchebag who obviously never attempted to pay a toll to pay the fines too, that might make people take it a little more seriously. Im pretty honest and use a toll tag, but I've skipped a gate or two back in the cash days when I had forgotten and didn't have 20 minutes to fill out an IOU. Never did get a bill.Broken bureaucracy.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I love the verbiage on the page:
    ...and as a service to those customers who owe the Authority for their use of toll roads, the NTTA is publicizing lists of toll violators subject to enforcement action.
    +1 on keeping plates and registration stickers. I've heard a few horror stories about folks that run tolls (including dealers), never register, or commit serious crimes (a la armed robbery).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    There's no six-way traction control. There's no complicated folding metal roof. It's simpler than that. Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Currently:

1991 Mariner Blue (daily driver)
    Previously:
    1994 M-Edition

Can't you just go online and change the car that they have registered at NTTA??

I just did that when I dumped my Toyota and replaced it with a Buick. Took less than 5 minutes and it even let you enter a temp tag (Paper Plates).

How do I update my vehicle or contact information or add an additional TollTag to my account?
    You can add a TollTag and make these changes through Online Account Management 24 /7 or by contacting the NTTA Customer Service Center during regular business hours. If your TollTag account balance is $10 or less, a payment must be made to add an additional vehicle.

What if I have a temporary license plate or change the license plate on my vehicle?
    For temporary (paper) plates, please update your online account by checking the “temporary plates” box and including the expiration date, or contact the Customer Service Center at 972-818-6882 (NTTA) with that information. Once permanent license plates are received, you must update your account online or contact the Customer Service Center with the permanent information.

To change a license plate you can go online or call the Customer Service Center at 972-818-6882 (NTTA).

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Can't you just go online and change the car that they have registered at NTTA??

I just did that when I dumped my Toyota and replaced it with a Buick. Took less than 5 minutes and it even let you enter a temp tag (Paper Plates).
    One, I changed the color.

Two, they get to run-up a fine as long as they want without notifying me of my oversite? That's unethical especially for a company selected by our local governments.

While we're on the subject...never, ever lose your toll receipt on the way to Hallett. I lost mine last year and I really thought I was going to get arrested over it. Toll booth dude, "You can't just pay the most expensive amount, it's not the simple [picks up phone, calls 911, lol]". Apparently there is a toll-scam in OK that is based upon "losing a ticket". I was held by OHP for over an hour, car dug through, asked lots of questions.

I went to the gas station next door after all that and the girls working there let me know it was part of a scam and that OHP does that all the time.