Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #7 benefitting Guns and Hoses Foundation of North Texas

Default Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #7 benefitting Guns and Hoses Foundation of North Texas

Equipe Rapide is excited to partner with Guns and Hoses Foundation of North Texas for Challenge Cup number 7 on August 26th at Mesquite Memorial Stadium. The Guns and Hoses Foundation of North Texas was founded in 2002 by a small group determined to help families of the men and women who have lost their lives in the line of duty and to raise money to benefit the youth of our community. The Guns and Hoses model is to have competitions between policemen and firemen to raise money. These competitions frequently include football games, boxing matches, and golf tournaments. This year they will be hanging it all out on the autocross course in cars provided by Southwest Kia. Todd Eaddy at Discount Tire has generously agreed to sponsor the trophies at the event for the winning team. You can help out in several ways. Your registration fees will be donated, there is a PayPal donation button on our website for those who want to give more or for those not participating in the autocross, Rapide PAX awards can be donated at the event, and you can pass along this information to others who might want to register for the event or donate. You can find more information about Guns and Hoses at http://www.gunsandhosesnorthtx.org. Please visit Southwest Kia at one of their three locations. http://www.southwestkia.com Give Todd Eaddy a pat on the back during the event and get your next set of tires from him. http://www.discounttire.com. Thank you for supporting Equipe Rapide and for supporting Guns and Hoses Foundation of North Texas.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Great cause. I will be there so that alone is worth,,,,,,,,er well not much BTW Andy, who is Gus?

I hope a moderator can edit my topic because I'm not allowed to edit it.
    Andy Cost

Bout time someone helped Gus!

Yea Gus!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    I hope a moderator can edit my topic because I'm not allowed to edit it.
    Done.

Awesome!
    Andy Cost

I am interested in participating as a representative on one of the teams. I went to both the autocross.com link and the Guns and Hoses link and I couldn't find anything other than regular event registration. I wouldn't mind doing that either, but my car starts its engine swap on Monday. Does anyone know if they are still looking for police and fire department drivers, and if so where to go to sign up?

Are you a policeman and a fireman? A man of many talents.
    Andy Cost

I guess the fact that I'm not screaming from the rooftops that I'm a fireman tells everyone which I am.

I was a racer long before I chose my current profession though. I have been away from the race scene for a while (job and kids got in the way), and I am now making my way back. I have been keeping my skills sharp as a driving instructor for my department.

Pm me with your email, name, and police department. I'll pass your information along to the Guns and Hoses representative that is choosing the teams.
    Andy Cost

This is your chance to outrun the law without having to go to jail afterwards.
    Andy Cost

Dibs on steering the trailer of the hook-and-ladder through the course.

Chassis Designer

I should be here for this! Need to pick up racing beat front sway bar though. Are the endlinks legal for stock class? I know the brace isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwett9 View Post
    I should be here for this! Need to pick up racing beat front sway bar though. Are the endlinks legal for stock class? I know the brace isn't.
    You can change the front endlinks if you want. Don't forget the collars to keep the bar from shifting.

Also you know these guys don't charge if you select "Post New Thread" and post up a question on this forum.

I plan to attend this event as well!

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Dibs on steering the trailer of the hook-and-ladder through the course.
    You get to drink from the fire hose!

Andy Cost

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    You get to drink from the fire hose!
    Nothing new for Jimmy.

Sorry Jimmy, that was too easy to pass up.

PM sent

It didn't show up for some reason. Please email it to me at [email protected]. Include your bank routing number, drivers license number, SSN, and your mothers maiden name.

Thanks,
    Andy Cost

This is my rifle, this is my gun.

This is my hose, this is my.....
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    This is my rifle, this is my gun.

This is my hose, this is my.....
    Ladder Truck?
    Andy Cost