Thread: Good place to get a body part painted right? And for cheap.

Default Good place to get a body part painted right? And for cheap.

Anyone recommend a location to get some paint work done? I'm looking to paint a spoiler and a bumper the same color as my car.

Somewhere in the DFW area.

I don't know but I am in the process of finding out. My daily driver civic is about to have it's collision damage handled by a shop owned and operated by a friend w/ insurance coverage, we will find out how good they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashthestanbeto View Post
    I don't know but I am in the process of finding out. My daily driver civic is about to have it's collision damage handled by a shop owned and operated by a friend w/ insurance coverage, we will find out how good they are.
    The goal is definitely cheap. I didn't damage my car, I am modifying it... so sadly I can't claim insurance. I was hoping to get the front spoiler painted for $75 and willing to go as high as $100-150, and the front bumper painted for $150 and willing to go as high as $300.

Marmed here on the board owns a paint shop. His car, my car and a few other board members ars have been painted there. He can do it as in expensive as anyone.
    His real name is Mark, call 817-263-6398. He owns a Maaco franchise located on S Hulen in Ft Worth. Www.mcautobody.com
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Don't normal people get tattoos? Paint seems like it would wear off pretty fast...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Don't normal people get tattoos? Paint seems like it would wear off pretty fast...
    No, you just peel back some skin, paint and replace peeled layers. It's the new tattoo.
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Texas Body Works in Addison. Not the cheapest, but has done great work on our personal cars and race cars, and has worked with racers for a long time.

If you want not cheap I work at Service King. But it's guaranteed for life.

In your price range, you need to find an independent shop and many do great work.