Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LSCBMW GymkhanaX and Grill!

I tried "drifting" my miata last night, 1st gear it spools up and just blows the tires off, pretty uncontrollable, 2nd gear doesn't have enough nuts to break my nt01's loose :-/
    The z06 would be fun but those tires are big $$$$$$$$
    92 Piss Yellow:1.6L GT2560 @ 11psi 196rwhp 700/450 Koni Race
    Ex NASA TTB #13
    NASA Camaro Mustang Challenge #013

I thought about trying to do a Mirrorkhana. But I cannot make the Saturday event.

Info:
    A Mirrorkhana is a double elimination event. Two cars start on opposite sides of the same course (but on adjacent straights) at the same time. The course is a loop. The car that runs the course and reaches its own finish line first wins! There will be a handicap system to "equalize" between classes competing against each other, like Pinks where you can negotiate car lengths. No timer is used.

Thoughts?
    M3 is always the answer.

that mirrorkhana would be fun! I may be one a few but im looking forward to the gymkhanaX. ill have power steering and drift spares!

Since there is a chance of rain, and everyone is waiting until the absolute last second to signup, we are cancelling the GymkhanaX on Saturday, the 15th. It's not worth the effort, or expense to ask my Committee to attend. Any entry fees have already been refunded via PayPal. Sunday's event is still on schedule.

After this weekend, get used to early registration deadlines.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    I thought about trying to do a Mirrorkhana.
    I'd go steal a car to run a mirrorkhana. They are INSANELY fun especially with the handicapping system. I remember giving a 190ft head start to an HS car in my old BSP Sky Redline. Only problem is if codrivers get matched up in the bracket...then you have to do a time.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Just saw that email. Stinks because I was looking forward to it, but understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRated167 View Post
    Since there is a chance of rain, and everyone is waiting until the absolute last second to signup, we are cancelling the GymkhanaX on Saturday, the 15th. It's not worth the effort, or expense to ask my Committee to attend. Any entry fees have already been refunded via PayPal. Sunday's event is still on schedule.

After this weekend, get used to early registration deadlines.

Yep, trying something totally new out in MW is a big gamble. Maybe schedule one at Mesquite, Resistol or Dallas Raceway to get more people to check it out. Once it catches on, MW is the right place for it.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Hallet is also probably taking several people out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    Hallet is also probably taking several people out of town.
    +1
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Guess Saturday will be an all day at the lake thing then.. reserved my spot by the lake for Fri and sat. Oh well. The weekend will still be fun :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12