Thread: Car won't start! HELP!!!!

Default Car won't start! HELP!!!!

Aright I dunno what I did but I bought the 30k mile tune up kit from GO miata and installed the plugs and wires on my 93 and now it wont start. I've checked the firing order a thousand times to make sure and its all correct. I crank it and it tries to start and sometimes it almost does but no dice. It also smokes out of the engine bay a little bit. The thing is it was running fine up until I changed the plugs and wires. Oh also the valve cover gasket was leaking oil down into the plug holes. So I changed the gasket...since oil down there isn't good. I figured that maybe some oil got down in the cylinder and was causing it to not start. but I looked down in there in the hole and there wasn't really any oil in there. So today I'm going to check the fuses and make sure none of those are blown. If anyone has any advice please let me know. Thanks

Matt

I would make sure all the wires are connected well. Take them off and start over. Did you drop a plug and not regap it?
    Jerry

Default Re: Car won't start! HELP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black_devil_miata
    Aright I dunno what I did but I bought the 30k mile tune up kit from GO miata and installed the plugs and wires on my 93 and now it wont start. I've checked the firing order a thousand times to make sure and its all correct.

Matt
    What are you using as your reference the Haynes manual is wrong for the 1.6.

More stuff here = http://www.miata.net/garage/ignition.html

POS RACING THANKS!!!!! Man I feel like an idiot! I dunno why I didn't just switch the wires around a few times because I have done this many times and know that is what to do, but for some reason this time it just didn't click. Guess I figured they couldnt F something up that much, but I guess so. Someone should tell them about that one....haha well Im glad that solves that problem. Thanks again for the help man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black_devil_miata
    POS RACING THANKS!!!!!
    Glad I could help!

Especially since I have been there and done that!