Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got more new wheels...

Default Got more new wheels...

I just got back from Discount Tire, some of you guys know I was not happy with the last encounter out there.
    But I am happy to report they made it right.
    I sent back the Konig Quickks which were pitting pretty badly for only having them a month.
    I have Road Cone Orange wheels on my car now, Konig "Kolors".
    I am planning on putting some other bright Orange parts on the car so it wont look so out of place, man you can not miss this car now... these wheels are so bright they make you squint. Very light too, I have noticed a marked improvment in the steering response.
    I will post pics when I can take them (not raining), so that the car is waxed and looking good.
    If I do not have them up before next Sat you guys will see them coming a mile away at Mineral Wells, or THE GULCH as my wife calls it.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell

Orange like this!?

Wow!
    Are you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell

Orange like this!?

Wow!
    Are you kidding?
    That's the actual color!!!

Let's see pics already!

Yea that's one I have to see! They will be going on this car correct?

Yes thats the wheel, yes thats the car its going on, and yes it looks mighty strange right now but I am thinking long term here and will be adding more parts to even it out a little, but by all means if you like you can laugh...
    wouldn't be the first time someone has balked or laughed at my decisions, but hey thats what makes us all diffrent, imagine what the world would be like with all Red Miatae.

But there is a little bit of difference in the picture and the actual wheel, the wheel is even brighter...I mean brighter than a road cone.
    99 Miata Black

LMFAO....yeah thats it, cept even brighter.
    I will post some pics tomorrow when the sun is up, dont want to cheat ya'll outta the full effect....I will park it on green grass to get a real good contrast.

BTW, got my new shock dust cover boots in today too,.... now on to the springs.
    99 Miata Black

"OH MY GOD" .....You might be a "Redneck" if..........

Redneck...no, artist that likes contrast,...yes.
    as I mentioned I do plan on incorporating the wheels with more parts of the same color, it wont look out of place once this is done to its completion however it will be loud either way.
    What can I say I like things that are different, since i couldn't get the Konig Quickks in the limited edition solid Gold color I decided on a alternate route.

I am pleased to know you guys like it....lol

You know a great fellow artist told me once that art is something that causes a reaction, whether it be positive or negative.
    The mere fact that people will stop long enough to notice makes it Art.
    These are works of wisdom by a great artist.

The fact is this will likely be an ever evolving project over a long period of time, since my ideas change, everyday I wake up with the thought of something different, it keeps life interesting.
    99 Miata Black

WHAT DID HE SAY? ....

While the Bean does have a point lets also keep in mind when you post up something for public consumption there is the possibility folks may not rush right onto your bandwagon and support your artistic endeavors. This may very well be one of those times.

I agree with POS. In fact I am on the phone right now trying to get in touch with my artistic side to help me further understand the painting that Mr Blaze has posted here on the board. He himself wrote that he was glad we liked his new wheels...Keep up the good work Billy.
    Jerry :)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

If Billy is happy with them, who are we to judge. But as POS said, don't expect everyone to share your eclectic taste. If you're looking for a reaction, you're going to get them! Good and bad.

I myself had a creative lapse as well. I sold my '98 Red T/A for a Floresent Green Beetle Everyone thought I had lost my mind. And it did get reactions. I sold it 8 months latter tho, because I got tired of the poor reactions and the gay jokes, some of which came from my own offsping I had also found the Miata to be the small car I was looking for....I wonder what a floresent Miata would look like? ...HEY BEAN can you Photoshop that on a Miata?

Give'm hell dude! Be true to yourself
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

And that my friends tells me that I have created Art.

I appreciate all the response it helps me understand more about the people in the MME and people who post on this Forum.

I can't wait to meet everyone this coming Saturday especially POS, I really really WANT to meet you, I hope you will be there.

I am going outside to take pictures as we speak, I will take no more than two to post.

I think you guys might find that it might grow on some of you, maybe not on some, either way... it bears no relevance to my endeavors pertaining to the car I just want to share what I am doing with my project like everyone else does.

Thanks for all the opinions.

PIcs up real soon...
    99 Miata Black

Here are the pics. Feel free to post your opinions.

99 Miata Black

WOW They are bright! ....Whats next?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    I wonder what a floresent Miata would look like? ...HEY BEAN can you Photoshop that on a Miata?
    Here ya go... I used an early photo of mine!

---

Billy, that's quite the car you got going there...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast