Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NTAXS Autocross #4, 9/30/12, West Mesquite Memorial Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by emilywaves View Post
    Alrighty, I'm convinced! I'm trying to register now - how do I know which Class I'm in?
    Class 1.

Everyone was a nooB once
    Some people a noobs more than once.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Quote Originally Posted by emilywaves View Post
    Edit 2: Is there a non-Paypal way to pay? It will take a few days for money to enter my account and I'm afraid I won't be able to register on time.
    You can link a credit card to the Paypal account. There's an option that allows "different payment method" or something like that, and you just enter your CC info for immediate payment.

Some people a noobs more than once.
    ^Indeed. Ha, in related news, Chris Hunt is now on dfwmiata because Miata drivers are more hardcore than Evo drivers. See you guys on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by WORD View Post
    Miata drivers are more hardcore than Evo drivers. See you guys on Sunday.
    We've known this for years.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Can we show up early and camp? I'm jonesing baaaaad, man. Haven't raced in 23 days...
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

You could go out to MW with a raft and camp

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    You could go out to MW with a raft and camp
    Up here, I'm already gone.
    Polished Turd Racing

Driver

Hey jerrett, me and Jon missed out on registering.. Are there any more spots?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsrturbo View Post
    Hey jerrett, me and Jon missed out on registering.. Are there any more spots?
    Since it's a Sunday event, registration is still open.

Anybody want to do breakfast tomorrow?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Default NTAXS Autocross #4, 9/30/12, West Mesquite Memorial Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Can't make it since I am setting up, but there is a McDonalds about a half mile east of the stadium on Scyene.

Oh man I may have to blow off my work assignment so I can dine with Miatamoto!

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    In for bfast where?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

7:30 at the McD's near the stadium. Somebody else show up so I don't have to sit through a whole breakfast listening to Cosmos talk about how fast his Skyline is!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Thanks to everyone who was involved with putting on this event, especially for setting up in the rain!

Unfortunately, I was very disappointed by the way my day went. I think I made several poor decisions that led to me fighting the car all day (poor damper settings, poor tire pressures, and especially poor run order). I don't know what I was thinking when I went out of my way to be one of the first cars on course after lunch! It felt like I was back on my old suspension with crap tires. Instead of thinking about how to improve my line, I spent the day thinking about how I could find some grip.

Anyway, I think this was my best run.

Good time today. I was a little rusty after the month break, but JRJ always puts on a top-notch event. Even with the rain, it was a smooth event and turned into a beautiful afternoon. Well worth the soggy morning, even if Miatamoto did come and kick my butt in his cheater-miata. :) One of the few non-sellout NTAXS events in some time, and those who skipped it missed a fun time. The ER blower made a nice difference after the break.

Lots of new autocrossers at this one; nice to have fresh faces and cars to add to the fun. Big props to Emily for showing up to her first autocross (on her own!) and doing a great job, even after getting assigned to work what turned out to be the most-hit cone on the course! Watch-out guys, she's going to skirt more than a few of us.
    Last edited by OZMDD; 09-30-2012 at 03:45 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

Yep, it was an ugly morning and we started about 30 minutes late, but the rain stopped during the driver's meeting. Pavement still wet for morning runs, but after lunch, it was dry with the gravel freshly blown off. It turned out pretty good, really.

Two raincoats were left behind today. A gray Gap Summit Anorak (medium size) and a black REI (medium size). Let me know if one of them is yours.

Good event. Never did get the course down. Tried to thread the needle on the most hit cone. Sorry Emily. Great to have you join the island of misfit toys.
    M3 is always the answer.

Default NTAXS Autocross #4, 9/30/12, West Mesquite Memorial Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Tried to thread the needle on the most hit cone.
    Ahh, that's where I got you. Flat foot for me. I loved that gate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast