Thread: Data Log question.

Default Data Log question.

I don't currently own the Software "Data Log" but have downloaded the 30 day trial along with the "realLink" software. I haven't installed it because I want to wait until I'm ready to use it to maximize my 30 day trial, and keep my TCB status. I was going to use it today only to find my new laptop doesn't have a com port So I've got to find a USB to Com adaptor.

Anyway, I'm wanting to download my current mappings prior to replacing the chip. My current chip is from 2000 or so. So my question is will DLL be able to download the info on a chip that old? And then upload it back to the current chip?
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

You should be able to download your existing MAP file, but you won't be able to upload it using the trial version of DLL. You will just have to print it out and change it zone by zone with the keypad. I also had to buy the USB serial adapter to use with my laptop since it does not have a serial port either.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Trial version is fully functional. You should not have any issues uploading. By the way TCB, of you set the date of your laptop to 2032 then install the software, the date key will not expire until 2032.

Not that I would do such a thing.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    By the way TCB, of you set the date of your laptop to 2032 then install the software, the date key will not expire until 2032.
    Now that is a nice TCB method!! :afro:

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    Trial version is fully functional. You should not have any issues uploading. By the way TCB, of you set the date of your laptop to 2032 then install the software, the date key will not expire until 2032.

Not that I would do such a thing.

:o I was curious if it was that easy to get around....not that I'd do that
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.